1.31.2011

books i aspire to read in 2011

I love to read. If I don't read, I'll die. It's as simple as that. I mean, what would the world be without books? Without the imagination of the C.S. Lewises or the Ted Dekkers of the world, where would we be now? What would we believe in? There are so many locked doors in the world that can be opened, if we just find the key. Sometimes that key is our imagination.
I remember the first big book I read was "The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe", and after falling in love at age seven, I read the entire series by age nine. I ventured then to read the "Nancy Drew Series" by Carolyn Keene, and since then I've been exposed to several great authors. The thing is with me, when I pick up a book I can't put it down, therefore the point to me is, to finish it! My best friend introduced me to the great works of Janette Oke, and just last year I finished her book, "A Gown of Spanish Lace".
My mom and I love to read together, and we took to reading the classics, like the "Red Fairy Book" and the "Blue Fairy Book", and whenever we sit down to read, we fall in love with the book, even if we're not reading it for the first time.


So, before I list some of the many books I'll read in 2011, I want to spotlight some amazing books I read in 2010:


1. A Gown of Spanish Lace by Janette Oke
2. The Eye of the Oracle by Bryan Davis
3. Starlighter Bryan Davis
4. Blink by Ted Dekker
5. The Shakespeare Stealer by Gary Blackwood
6. Mary, Bloody Mary by Carolyn Meyer
7. Isabel, Jewel of Castilla by Carolyn Meyer
8. Doomed Queen Anne by Carolyn Meyer
9. Beware, Princess Elizabeth by Carolyn Meyer
10. Betsey and the Emperor by Staton Rabin
11. The Good Master by Kate Seredy
12. The Singing Tree by Kate Seredy
13. The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin
14. Wolves of Willoughby Chase by Joan Aiken
15.  A Murder for Her Majesty by Beth Hilgartner
16. Hangman's Curse by Frank Peretti
17. Immanuel's Veins by Ted Dekker
This year I will read (hopefully):


1. The Bride Collector by Ted Dekker
2. The Circle Series: Black, Red, White, Green by Ted Dekker
3. House by Ted Dekker and Frank Peretti
4. The Priest's Graveyard by Ted Dekker
5. Skin by Ted Dekker (Okay, I'm going to read and re-read every book by Ted Dekker. There)
6. Echoes from the Edge Trilogy by Bryan Davis
7. Dragons In Our Midst Series: Raising Dragons, The Candlestone, Circles of Seven, Tears of  A Dragon by Bryan Davis
8. Re-read/Finish Carolyn Keene's "Nancy Drew" Series (because I can't list every single book of hers in this blog post)
And the list will get longer as the year goes on.


I also want to finish my novel that I'm currently writing, "14", by the end of 2011, so I can FINALLY get it published. For several of my friends who are asking it's a Adventure/Mystery/Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Drama/Crime/Thriller/Romance-ish book. Yes, I know that's a long list of genre's but that's just how I am. I might start a new book called "Legion", or "Deathly Luxuries" or something like that, but we'll see since I need a some more ideas for that. 


-Jocee
P.S. Thank you to Bleah Briann of ~With Love and Kisses~ for inspiring me to do this!


(All pictures are property of other websites. Sadly, I don't own any of them)





2 comments :

  1. awesome reads ^.^ i love your spill about peter. *giggles* he's on my sidebar, too :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those books sound interesting. I'll have to look into some of them.

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...