1.31.2011

remember - a poem by Jocelyn Carol

This poem just came to me, so I had to write it down. It showcases a girl who's ready to commit suicide, and God stops her in the nick of time. 
Remember…

Before the jump and before the fall,
Before you risk losing it all,
Remember all the times that passed,
Lost in the wind and faded away

The shadowed memories that were once gay,
The morning dew that began each new day,
The smiling faces of your friends, so dear
Would you take it all and fling it away?

The voices whispering in your head,
Would you listen to what they said?
Would you want to end it all,
Thinking your life was worth nothing and fall,
Fall into the fiery abyss,
You couldn’t end your life like this

As you draw your final breath,
And take a step closer to the edge
A sharp pain sears through your soul,
Making you jump back and clutch your throat

A steady hand in your stomach calms you some
And you step forward again ready to jump,
When a still, small voice sounds inside;
Your eyes well with tears and you begin to cry:

“Remember the plans I have for you,
Plans to help you, not to harm you,
I gave you a life and a purpose and more,
You needn’t throw it away from feeling remorse.
I love you child, I call you my own,
Come back to me, I’ll heal your heart of stone.”

You stepped back and collapsed into tears,
Praising the Lord and leaving your fears
The purpose of your life is all too great,
Remember that before it’s too late.
(Poem Copyright 2011, Jocelyn Carol, All rights reserved)


I felt like I had to post this because there are so many people who don't know that God loves them and wants them to live the life he's called them to live. I hope you like the poem! :)


-Jocee





(Picture propery of weheartit.com, I do not own this)

3 comments :

  1. Jocee, what a talent you have. Your words not only have form but have SUBSTANCE.

    Jeremiah 29:11 is one of the verses I tell kids over and over when I teach them in children's church. It is so TRUE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this is an old post but I couldn't help but comment. This is a very beautiful poem you've written, so, so beautiful. (: By the way, how long did it take you to write it?

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...