2.15.2011

day 15: a person you admire

A person I admire...oh good grief, I've been put on the edge for the last 15 days, YOU CAN'T POSSIBLY EXPECT ME TO PICK ONE PERSON I ADMIRE!?!??!?! Breathe, Jocee, breathe. *clears throat* Okay, so I admire alot of people. People whose names escape me for the moment. See, it's just like Scattergories. You know several things that begin with the same letter, then forget just as the test begins. Well, that's what it's like now. 


But one person I admire unconditionally would be C.S. Lewis. Yeah, it's partly because he created Narnia. But it's also because he was a Christian, and he put God into his amazing novels. He wasn't afraid of what the world would think, he did what he did for God's glory, and it still shines today, very many years later. I really like this quote from him:


"You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me."
       C.S. Lewis


It's true, in such a way that you'll have to think for awhile to get the answer. This is what I see in it: He creates things unconditionally, with no boundaries, and though his work ended abruptly by his death, he still lives on. 


So, that's who I admire. Pretty brainy, don't you think? Yeah, haha. 


-Jocee <3

3 comments :

  1. oh yes. i love mr. c.s. lewis :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is another person that I admire as well! By the way, PLEASE vote for me on Arianna's blog!

    http://likeastar27.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, very brainy! I couldn't think of ANYONE to save my life. How is it that you can admire someone and the minute someone asks me my brain turns to goo...

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...