2.02.2011

day 2: a favorite movie

Huh...I bet y'all are clueless to see what my favorite movie was? *Evil laugh* Okay, I'll tell you. So, I had this thing going on since 2005 (and I'm about to get a little super-psycho). My favorite movie was The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. I saw it the first day it came out, and I know what time I saw it, too, but I'm not going to say because I'm crazy enough already. 
Then, in 2008, I saw Prince Caspian on the second day it came out (which I thought was a failure because it wasn't the first day) and that was my favorite movie.
Then this last year.... Yeah, I bet you can alllllll guess. 
That's right!! On December 10th, 2010 (which was two days before my birthday) I saw The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. And I fell in love. Again. 
So, as the Saga of my Narnian love continues...bear with me. I'm nuts. How crazy am I, you ask? You don't want to know. But for starters, even though it's still out in theaters, I've seen the movie 16 times and counting, I have the soundtrack (As a Christmas present), and I can play "There's A Place for Us" on the piano, and sing it. 
But, I don't love Narnia just because of its visual effects, or infatuating characters (Peter Pevensie :P), I love it because it was created by a wonderful Christian man: C.S. Lewis, who has taught us things that we wouldn't even know existed today. 
I love this line from the third movie which was said by Aslan: "In your world I have another name. You must learn to know me by that name. This was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there." He was referencing Jesus, and for those of you who don't know, that's who Aslan was portraying the entire series! His father, the Emperor Over the Sea was God, and Aslan...wow...yeah..I'm crazy right? A crazy Christian girl. And proud of it.


Anyway, I'm not going to ramble on about Narnia anymore. But I can say, that throughout this challenge I'll be mentioning it. Alot. So many times in fact, I can annoy myself. But, that's me for you!


-Jocee <3


(Picture property of other websites. I don't own these. Sadly *sigh*)

2 comments :

  1. :o 16 times??? My goodness gracious, girl!!
    But it's totally understandable. I've only seen it once, because I can't find anyone to go see it with me again, but if I could, I WOULD go see it 16 times! It was so so good! Good choice! ;D

    ~Lauren :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. C.S. Lewis: I LOVE YOU!

    Oh happy day, when we all get to meet him!! (in heaven) Eeeeps, sooo 'citing! :)
    Love,
    Manda

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...