2.03.2011

"i like simple songs, with pretty words..."

This really doesn't have anything to do with the song. And I hadn't realized that these words were from the song. But I read the words and a poem immediately popped into my head, so here goes:


i like simple songs with pretty words,
that say alot and warm my heart,
words that showcase who i am,
words that i'm comfortable with saying

words that bubble up inside my soul,
that flow through me and release its hold,
words of meaning, not words of hate,
words that show their own unique trait

the melody of the song is nothing compared,
to the words that it just shared,
words can pierce you like a dart,
but not the ones that hold my heart

words that whisper, not ones that yell,
words that keep, not ones that tell,
words that give me true meaning,
that say the things that i've been feeling

i like simple songs with pretty words,
that say alot and warm my heart
not words of hate, but words that are true,
words that i can say to you


Alot of poems have been coming into my mind lately, and I just have to write them down. Like I said, I'm a writer, and I always scribble things on napkins alot. That's just who I am. I hope you liked the poem!!


-Jocee



2 comments :

  1. I just wanted to let you know that my blog address has changed... it is now:

    dezzylou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wait nevermind forget I left you that first comment my URL is still:

    dezzysblogerificblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...