2.14.2011

the one about valentines....

Unlike just about every other person in my life, I haven't done anything really special for Valentine's Day. I hear about people hanging with their families and buying things and going out to eat. But me? Nothing special. 
This morning I woke up, had tea and a cupcake for breakfast, before pancakes, had school, went to music composition class, and went to swim practice. 
Instead of hanging with my friends watching the new Justin Bieber movie, or trailing that new guy everyone likes, I've been sitting in my room, reading Ted Dekker's "Immanuel's Veins" (Again), and listening to Switchfoot. 
Yeah, I threw a love note in the creek. To Peter Pevensie, if you hadn't known. I've had a crush on him for six years. Well, officially six years on December 9th, 2011. I know six years is a pretty long time, and every girl who knows I like him thinks it's either "die hard-in love" with love, or "just a phase". So, six years is a phase? I don't know what to think. 
I know I sound all melancholy and dull, but to me, Valentine's Day is just a day, that's made "special" by all the advertisements in the world, forcing a guy to do something for his girlfriend, just so she can "feel loved". Alot of quote signs, I know, but it's true. 


The ways I feel loved or give love:

  • Hearing God speak.
  • Sending random thank you notes to friends and family.
  • Writing poems, or songs.
  • Being me.

Forgive me for not knowing how to be romantic, but I will become romantic enough when God's love story for me begins it's first act.  

And now, to end this Valentine's Day post (or second Valentine's Day post), I'd like to write a poem for my special guy handpicked by God, wherever he is. Whether he's traveling in the stars with the Doctor, or discovering Narnia itself, I hope he knows this:


Roses are red, Violets are blue...

God made you for me, and I love you.



-Jocee <3
P.S. On a more lovelier happier note, here's the cupcake I had!!
I like it, too ;) And it's heart-shaped, if you haven't noticed. And if you haven't noticed...then wow. Just, wow. 

3 comments :

  1. Okay, that right there is an epic cupcake.
    And that's the sweetest poem I think I've ever read :')
    And in my opinion, there's not a thing wrong with chilling in your room with a book and some good music; it makes me happy! :D

    ~Lauren :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Josee! I saw your blog from a comment on Anna's... love your background! I had it for a day on my blog, but it didn't really suit. It looks AWESOME over here, though! I love all the fonts you have everywhere, too.
    Ooh, this song you have playing is the BEST. I actually played it on the piano today, well the chorus anyway -- "it happens in a blink, happens in a flash..."
    Anyway, I'm following! And I love discovering awesome new blogs:D

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...