3.15.2011

spring writing gala {day 1}

Third post of the day. *sigh* Sorry, I can't help it. Seriously. 
Okay, so over at Megan's blog, there's a writing gala going on. So I said "why not enter?" 
Photobucket
So, why not? It's a list of questions about writing, and before, I get to do a little "about me" thing. So, here I go!!


about me. (couldn't find a picture, sorry. um...*looks around frantically* use this)
My name is Jocelyn. Jocee for short. I'm 14 years old and I'm homeschooled, and I've been writing ever since I can remember. The very first book I wrote was called "The China Tea Set" and it had four chapters, and each chapter was around 2 pages long. I've been writing ever since, and I'm currently writing two novels which I hope will be published one day. 
How long have you been writing? Wow. I'm not sure. I think I was eight or nine. Or seven. Not sure. 
When did you first realize how much you loved writing? That's also a good question. I'd say when I wrote "The China Tea Set" at age nine. Something just sparked. I've been writing ever since. 
What is your favorite thing about writing? You don't have to follow the status quo. Do you own work in your own style! That way it showcases who you are. 
Which do you like better, Planning or Rewriting? Planning, I'd say. I don't really like rewriting, unless I have something I want to touch up or have a better idea for. 
What do you consider your best work of writing? Um...I'd say "14". The idea just came out of nowhere *literally* and I'm so proud to say all my planning for it is finished (except for a few quirks here and there) It's definitely not perfect, but I like it, if I do say so myself. 
What kind of writing do you feel the strongest in? Romance. No doubt. A few people have asked me to write a romantic scene for them, and I send it, and they're ecstatic about it. I'm writing a separate romance novel right now, and it's pretty ooey-gooey. I like it though ;)
How many books have you started writing? Good grief. At the very least I'd say...um...20 something...more than that. I haven't finished any of them either. 
How many books have you finished writing? None. How sad. 
How many books are you working on right now? Three. Four counting the one I'm still planning. Actually five because my friend and I are writing a book. 
Have you ever taken a writing class? Yes. If so, what did you get the most out of it? Correct your grammar. I cannot stress that enough. Probably to stay in your own range. Don't try to copy what someone else did if you want to seem more experienced than you are at the moment. Don't rush things. Take it slow.
If you could write as good as anyone in the world, who would you choose? Ted Dekker and my friend Justine. Without a doubt. They are both soooo good. 
What have your family members told you about when you were little/what do you remember, and how might it apply to your writing life. I love people, but I recharge on my own. My mom says if I had the choice between people and alone with a laptop and some tea, I'd choose the latter, because I like quiet time. Just me, alone, writing, or singing, I could live like that. Not all the time of course, but I think it's helped my writing alot. Sounds weird, but it's true. 

Those are my answers!! If you wanna link up, go here. Have fun, all!! *waves hand as though people are leaving, or I am...I don't really care*
Photobucket

2 comments :

  1. I love quiet time by myself too... I don't know why... it's just really nice to be able to think. :)
    Cool post, it's so fun to get to know about your writing more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely answers!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...