3.18.2011

when she reads, the stars descend from the sky and fall into her hands...

...and form themselves into whatever her mind can conjure, and she knows she has power over all the world, however little the world may be, because all imagination is placed in the mind, and she knows she rules it all.
Quote by yours truly...I know it doesn't really make sense, but it's fascinating nonetheless, don't you think??
Alrighty, so I've been reading "The Last Song" by Nicholas Sparks, and I've come to realize I'm a book addict. Plain and simple. If I find a good read I won't put it down until I'm done. I stayed up until 1am this morning praying to God "daylight savings" didn't take effect so I could read for one more hour. Yeah, I love that book so much. I'm on page 265 of 405, and I'm in LOVE. Not with just the book, but I have a growing crush on Will...*sheepish smile* and instead of imagining him as Liam Hensworth, who played him in the movie, I'm using William Moseley (duh). I also replaced Emma Roberts with myself. BEST. CHOICE. EVER. And by the way look at this picture:
Oh, William knows I exist, he just doesn't know we're getting married. Yet. 
Anyway, excluding eating, sleeping and school, I've read the book for about 4hrs and I'm almost on page 300. I'm what my friend Grayce calls "speed reader". Nope, I'm not a speed reader, I'm just Awesome. That's my middle name :P
I promised myself I wouldn't watch the movie before reading the book, and I'm DYING to see it. Even if it does have the queen of peacock feathers, Miley Cyrus in it. So, to get my mind off of it, I'm going to have a random list:
the list of random (aka 5 random things that amuse me):
  1. The way comic strip characters slouch
  2. the reaction to people eating petroleum jelly (I haven't done it but it was funny)
  3. the face your sister makes when she accidentally swallowed a bubble
  4. goshbubbles!!
  5. when your mom substitutes "shabalabadingdong" for a word she can't pronounce
Awesomeness, dontcha think? As awesome as this cupcake:
Now, one of my friends suggested that I put some of my lists of things to do (from my mom, or me of course) on my blog, because I know I'll check my blog, therefore I won't forget. So, here's my list of things to do:
  1. Eat more cupcakes
  2. Go to Family Christian Bookstore and buy the "Prince Caspian Movie Companion" book
  3. Eat more cupcakes
  4. Get some sorbet before my sister eats it all
  5. Eat more cupcakes
  6. Finish "The Last Song" before today ends (stupid daylight savings)
  7. Eat more cupcakes
*contented sigh* I think that about covers it. I'm going to make some cupcakes now. 

Photobucket

9 comments :

  1. OKay so I just finished that book and haven't seen the movie yet.
    But Anna, who got me hooked on Sparks' work in the first place, says the movie will pretty much make you sick. The book is is fabulous. The movie was discusting and nothing like the book. The movie might have died because of miley -- but it was already infected long before...

    xx,
    Bleah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, you have inspired me to get started on finally reading that book!!
    And goodness gracious, I LOVE your quote! As I was reading it, I was hoping it was yours, 'cause that's just wicked sweet ;)
    Loved this whole post :D

    ~Lauren :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been meaning to read 'the Last Song' for a while now....but I think it will have to wait until summer. ;)

    Ha, I like your last list VERY much. *laughs*

    ~Lily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah----and your quote is FABULOUS! And don't worry...it made sense to me. (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bleah, I know that, but I just wanna see the movie anyway...even though Miley's just...*shudders*
    Lauren, thank you much! Actually the line "and when she reads..." was in my head for years, and I knew I had to expand on it. Lol, it's cool what happens when you think :)
    Lily, well, read the book when you can! I'm glad you like my lists and my quote. Yay! It made sense to someone :))
    -Jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quote is so cool! I could never think up something like that! :)

    ~Julia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Jocee!

    I'm afraid you can't marry Peter. You might be able to marry William Moseley, but not Pete. You haven't even met him yet!

    Have a great day,
    Lynne the Brave (who High King Peter the Magnificent cares dearly about)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, I've been meaning to read The Last SOng for a while now...it will still have to wait!!

    I love your last list!!

    And know you want to marry William!!! WHAT ABOUT PETER!!! LOL!!!

    Love,
    Victoria

    www.victoriasgirlygirlcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lynne, actually, I'm already married to Peter and William Moseley. I'm writing a series for Narnia too!! I think it's really cool (I saw it on your blog)
    Love, Jocee, or High Queen Charlotte: Radiant Braveheart (lol)
    Victoria, Read it, you must!! Thank you very much. And as I said, I'm married to Peter and William. They're a package deal :))
    -Jocee <3

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...