4.06.2011

once upon a time, in a lovely-happy bubble world...

There was a girl named Jocee who lived in a land not-so-far-away. She loved God, Narnia, and life, and she was inspired to start a blog for her youth group. On Sunday, June 27th in 2010, S.T.A.N.D. was born. 

After two posts, she forgot about the blog went about with her life. But it December of 2010, she interned at a Christian camp where she met Bleah Briann, a lovely girl who is one of her best friends today. After leaving the camp, they exchanged emails, and Bleah told Jocee she had a blog. Jocee told her she had one, but she hadn't used it in a long time.

Bleah and Jocee both went their separate ways, and back at Jocee's little home in the suburbs, she got an idea. She'd loved the show iCarly since it had first come out, and she admired the Penny Tees - the t-shirts they wore that had little pointless messages on the front. She decided if she ever got a Penny Tee she'd call it "Cupcake Dictionary", but soon after that idea had come, it left, and Jocee had forgotten about it. 

After she'd seen Bleah's blog, she thought that it would be nice if she had a place of her own where she could...just be herself. No one else, but herself. And the words she'd imagined for her Penny Tee came back to her, and thus, on Wednesday, January 26th in 2011, Cupcake Dictionary was born.
She remembered that when she started a blog, she'd stay with it for a little while, then stop posting because she thought no one liked the blog and refused to read it. Instead, she asked God to help her stay dedicated to the blog, and very soon, a few new friends came along. 

That was four months ago, and now there are 50 followers, 50 best friends, 50 fellow cupcake lovers, and 50 words of kindness that keep Miss Jocee going. At each new follower she got she'd have a dance party and make yummy cupcakes, and now she's had 50 dance parties, and knows she'll have many more to come.Since she's started this blog she's taken up photography and her photos have begun improving since she's started, and she's saving up to get two new cameras.

She's learned alot about life as she started this journey, and she's excited to find out where the path will take her next.

I love you all. Each and every one of you. And today, I got my 50th follower *dance party to "Whip My Hair" and the brand new original song by Miss Jocee "Who Cares About Whiplash"* 
Thank you oh so much!! I'm really excited. I never thought I'd make it this far (even though I'm nearly four months in!) And now, I shall go on a crazy cupcake picture spree:
This post was inspired by C over at A Stitch in Time. It's her blogaversary! And even though it's not mine, I thought I'd share my story with you :))
Photobucket

9 comments :

  1. Oh, I loved this, Jocee!!!!
    You're such an amazing blogger/girl/friend, and I hope that someday we might meet here on earth!!! And if not....Heaven isn't so far away either. (:

    Love you always,
    ~Lily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww yay!! That's so exciting :D :D :D
    And this post was simply wonderful...I loved reading about your journey :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! I'm happy to be one of your followers aka fans!!!:D :D I love your blog, it always has me laughing, or grinning or drooling for cupcakes!:) Keep up da awesome-ness!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. {Reply to your comment}

    Thank you so much for your encouraging words, Jocee! You have no idea how much it means to be to hear the encouragement. And yes - it would be totally, awesomely epic if we ended up on red carpet one day together (WHICH we will!). Don't ever let anybody bring you down about your dreams. We may think of ourselves as "Not good enough" or "just a regular person", but I know we can do it. It mainly depends on where Jesus leads us to.

    Good luck to you with your dreams, Jocee! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Jocee! What an impressive number. Keep on blogging!
    BTW: I love penny tee's too! Cupcake Dictionary is the perfect saying for one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats. I was wondering if you would maybe post more cupcake pictures more often? They're adorable, and this is the cupcake dictionary. . . *grin* I enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for Cupcake Dictionary! Love your little story, and glad that you decided to create this blog! Congrats on the 50 followers Jocee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lily, thank you!! I have a feeling we'll meet before we get to Heaven :))
    Lauren, thanks, dear!
    Mary, thank you, and I will!
    Anna Gray, you're very welcome :))
    Emily Rose, thank you very much!! I shall keep on blogging. I'm so going to make a Penny Tee. Maybe after I hit 100 followers ;)
    Anon, thanks!! Of course, I'll post more cupcake pictures. Why wouldn't I ;)
    Shelley, yes, yay!! Thank you! I'm glad I decided to make it too :))
    -Jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those look divine! I love cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...