4.28.2011

{positively perfect week} thoughtful thursday

So, I didn't do "wondrous wednesday" yesterday. I suppose I have no excuse...sorry 'bout that. But today I'll be doing "thoughtful thursday" because I'm feeling really..um...thoughtful. Yeah. That's the word. 
Grab the button and link-up!


What's making MY Thursday Thoughtful?
  • Well, for one, all these thoughts. (sorry, I just had to say that)
  • I tried to make a blog background thingy using GIMP for my photography blog and it was an epic fail. I used a tutorial and I had no idea what I was doing. Darn.
  • I want a blog template for oh, goshbubbles photography like the one Carlotta has at her photography blog. But how, exactly, do you do that? Do you use the simple classic template? I'm afraid to make any changes because I'm scared I'll mess everything up. 
  • I have this book idea and I'm wondering if I should start writing. I mean, why not? I've always wanted to get a book published.
  • I wish my dad bought cupcakes for yesterday. That way William Moseley and I wouldn't have to pretend. 
  • I'm starving. I want a hot dog. For breakfast, you say? Well, my sister's in the house, so anything can happen.
  • I'm thinking about letting my sister do a guest post on this blog. What do you think? I'm thinking maybe. I'll put a poll up.
  • I don't think I put enough cupcake pictures on this blog. I'm a horrible cupcake eater.
Interesting thoughts, huh? I think so. Link-up time!






3 comments :

  1. oooohh, doing a template like Carlotta's is easy!
    i'm pretty sure she uses a simple template and edits all the menu bar borders out in html; makes it all white; widens the whole blog in html and boom! does that even make any sense?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that tmeplate is easy. It looks like the simple template, and it looks like she got rid of all the menu bar borders, and whited everything out, and widens the main wrapper (the middle section). You'll have to go into the HTML, and find:

    #main-wrapper {
    width: 820px;
    float: $startSide;
    word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */
    overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */
    }

    The part that says "width:820px", just change the number to the desired width and hit save. (The number after width probably wont be 820px when you find it, that's just the width I changed it to for my template)

    Now I may be wrong about what the template is, so if it doesn't come out right I apologize!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jocee,

    You said you used a tutorial. It wasn't a tutorial by Ashley Sisk, was it? If not, you should try hers....it might work better. Here's the link-http://www.ashleysisk.com/search/label/Tutorials
    It's her tutorial's page. Just scroll down a little and you should see it. I think it's the very last tutorial.

    Hoped that helped,

    Bethany. :)

    P.s. If that's not what you wanted...sorry. :)

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...