4.19.2011

*singing* like a birdy in the tree...when i grow up!!

song stuck in my head: every shirley temple song ever written. there.  as inspired by bleah.
I'm not sure exactly what I want to do with my life...I mean, I have some of the details down (and they are pretty good, if I do say so myself) but not everything. But, I'll share with you what I have right now:
college
I'd love to go to a university where it snows in the winter, and where they have a great music school, and get a degree. I'm not sure what school yet, but I like Indiana University, Stanford, Berkeley, and even Julliard. I want to study music composition and literature.
travel
Narnia is my number one priority. But, my best friend and I decided that we're going to explore the United States, and Europe, and Australia and New Zealand. Then we're going to Middle Earth and Wonderland, and we're going to time travel with the Doctor.
marriage
*sigh*. True wuv. I'm going to marry whoever God has picked for me. And I'm praying it's Peter Pevensie/William Moseley. Haha, just kidding, but seriously! All I ask for is that he's a Christian man with a great relationship with God (and cute, and taller than me) and God can work out the rest.
settling down
After our lovely-happy honeymoon, Superman and I are going to settle down...either in England or here in the U.S. (wherever God directs us) and it's going to be...I don't know. An old vintage mansion, that will be built specifically for us. I'll have my own Steinway grand piano and a swimming pool and garden in the backyard, with a swinging bench and several acres of land that's perfect for strolling along. I'll have my own wardrobe located inside a small grove of trees, and when I open it everything will resemble Narnia, and it'll be my perfect spot to think, sing, or do anything I want to. (Inside we'll have our own Star Wars room, designed by George Lucas)
little bundles of joy
After a few years of marriage, I want to have three to five kids. Two girls and two boys, definitely. The girls will be named Charlotte Isabella, and Jennette Michelle Ariana, and the boys will be named Hayden Douglas and Christian Anthony or something like that. I also like Olivia Renee Isabella.
the rest is still unwritten
One day in my life after I graduate from college and get married and have children, I want to sit down in my little thinking spot and look at the huge scrapbook called "my life". I'll look at all the pictures taken and the words said and when I reach a blank page, I'll go home with my family, and get a pen and write some more.
That about covers it :)) Unless God has something different planned for my life, I want to be an Oscar-winning musical composer, a New York bestselling novelist, a wife, and a mommy, and just plain all God wants me to be.
Oh, and I want to be a cupcake lover, too :P

11 comments :

  1. I love this post! It's so beautiful! Do you mind if I do it too, sometime?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I loved this! The part about your house makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!! Plus, I TOTALLY getcha when you say you want your guy to be taller than you. Ooooh yeah. I know whatcha mean, girl. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I. Love. This. Post!!! Haha!! You have me laughing like all the time...I can just imagine how that Star War's room in your house will be like.;D Don't forget to invite me over after you move in so we can chill, eat cupcakes and talk together. :D
    I'm gonna have to do a post like this some time...ya mind?:) Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds wonderful, Jocee!!! I LOVE that picture of the house. (: So cute. And yes----all I require of my husband is that he be a Christian, love books, and be taller than me. That's all I need, Lord. *folds hands*

    so yeah---awesome post. ;)
    ~Lily

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome post!!!
    And now I have that song, Unwritten stuck in my head. Thaaaaaaanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww, I love this post!!!!! Like Amaranthine, I want to copy your idea, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jocee,

    I think your blog happens to be my AB-SO-LUTE FaVoRiTe!!! No joke. Your posts always always make me smile, laugh, and dream big! :)
    I'm wanting that house you posted... and it MUST be somewhere in England. *please Lord! pretty please?!!?!* :D
    That pic of the li'l girl by that fence is ADORABLE! Ahhh, soo cute!
    Hey, I want four kids too! In this order: Cody James, Chloe Lynn, Edmund Jacob, and Elliana Grace . Yups!

    xoxo | MANDA LIZ

    ReplyDelete
  8. I jumped onto your blog and fell in love ... not only am I a huge fan of Glee (a Glee song was playing) but also I love to make/eat/decorate cupcakes!

    Glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! I hope to…

    1. go to medical school to either become a surgeon or a gastroenterologist.
    2. marry a handsome doctor, preferably one that looks like Patrick Dempsey (but, as long as he's nice it doesn't really matter. ;)
    3. get a job with my doctor, The King of Guts (if I become a GI)
    4. live in a nice home in the suburbs.
    5. for children, I hope to have at least 4, named Kathleen, Marion, Ellen and Carlo. :)


    -- Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwwwwww the most perfect post e.v.e.r! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! And I especially love your description of your house!!(:

    this-real-heart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...