4.14.2011

spring writing gala {days 8 & 9}

*sigh*. Don't you just love those little bracket things on the post title? *screams, swoons, dies* I do. I like them alot. If you're totally confuxxled..here: { }...kinda like the staves from sheet music {insert Beethoven's Pathetique Sonata} yeah...uh-huh....You know what?
I do alot of "...'s" and alot of rambling. So, let's go on, shall we?
Today in day 8 of the Spring Writing Gala I'm going to make a list of books that I wanna read. Now, please don't hurt me after you see those books. Please. I have a good excuse for not reading them yet. Now, here I go!!
  1. Percy Jackson and the Olympians - the Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
  2. Percy Jackson and the Olympians - the Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan
  3. Percy Jackson and the Olympians - the Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan
  4. Percy Jackson and the Olympians - the Battle of Labyrinth by Rick Riordan
  5. Percy Jackson and the Olympians - the Last Olympian by Rick Riordan
  6. Dear John by Nicholas Sparks
  7. The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks
  8. Three Weeks with My Brother by Nicholas Sparks
  9. Message in A Bottle by Nicholas Sparks
  10. The Circle Series - Black by Ted Dekker
  11. The Circle Series - Red by Ted Dekker
  12. The Circle Series - White by Ted Dekker
  13. The Circle Series - Green by Ted Dekker
  14. Skin by Ted Dekker
  15. The Lost Books - Chosen by Ted Dekker
  16. The Lost Books - Infidel by Ted Dekker
  17. The Lost Books - Renegade by Ted Dekker
  18. The Lost Books - Chaos by Ted Dekker 
  19. The Lost Books - Lunatic by Ted Dekker (with Kaci Hill)
  20. The Lost Books - Elyon by Ted Dekker (with Kaci Hill)
  21. House by Ted Dekker
  22. Thr3e by Ted Dekker
  23. Burn by Ted Dekker & Erin Healy
  24. Kiss by Ted Dekker & Erin Healy
  25. Adam by Ted Dekker
  26. Obsessed by Ted Dekker
  27. House by Ted Dekker (with Frank Peretti)
  28. The Paradise Novels - Showdown by Ted Dekker
  29. The Paradise Novels - Saint by Ted Dekker
  30. The Paradise Novels - Sinner by Ted Dekker
  31. The Caleb Series - Blessed Child by Ted Dekker (with Bill Bright)
  32. The Caleb Series - A Man Called Blessed by Ted Dekker (with Bill Bright)
  33. The Martyr's Song Series - The Martyr's Song by Ted Dekker
  34. The Martyr's Song Series - Heaven's Wager by Ted Dekker
  35. The Martyr's Song Series - When Heaven Weeps by Ted Dekker
  36. The Martyr's Song Series - Thunder of Heaven by Ted Dekker
  37. Beastly by Alex Flinn
  38. Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien
  39. Lord of the Rings - The Two Towers by J.R.R. Tolkien
  40. Lord of the Rings - Return of the King by J.R.R. Tolkien
That's it! My fingers are going numb...I can't type anymore...ugh...that's alot of books...Can I get an amen? Amen...
And NOW for day 9 of this post (I'm a horriblech person for not posting these sooner, I know, I know) I get to write ANYTHING!! As in ANYTHING of my choice, and I'm going to indulge you with a little Narnia fanfiction. The thing is, you'll have nary a clue whatsoever of what's going on, so, unless you read my fanfiction, this'll be just a drabble to you. And now, here I go, wish me luck! By the way, this is called, "Don't Let Me Lose Again."


Sweat dribbled down my cheeks in small plump beads; my dark brown hair was nearly pasted against my face. I was getting weary. 
The battle against the Calormenes and the Narnians showed no signs of ending. Several humans and creatures  were in fierce combat with the dark skinned foes. Their faces were covered with metal, and the cloth on their armor was a deep amethyst. You could see through the silver helmets that their teeth were clenched; they were determined to defeat us. Over a matter that should have been buried over thirteen-hundred years ago. 
"Hyah!" I thrust one of my double edged spears into one of my enemies, and pulled it out, doing to same to another. Suddenly, a sharp pain darted around my stomach. I tried to to cry out in pain.
Aslan, please, take this away! 
I looked around me. Peter, Caspian, Susan and Edmund were fairing well. Lucy was at Cair Paravel, waiting anxiously for our return. She wanted to fight, but we all knew she should stay; it was for the best.
The leader of the Calormen people was drawing closer. He wore no helmet, and his gaze was fixed upon Peter. 
I'll deal with him towards the end of this battle. I thought to myself, dismembering several other Calormen soldiers. 
Suddenly, all things slowed down. The leader of Calormen was standing some few yards away from Peter now, and in his arms was a bow and arrow. The bow was drawn, and it was aimed directly at...Peter!
"Peter, watch out!" I screamed, and just as I did the dark-skinned man let the arrow with an amethyst ribbon fly into Peter's left side. Another pain came through me. 
I can feel his pain, I thought. The fog of the misty wood washed over my face for a moment, and then it ceased, as though it wasn't even there.
"No!" I let out a piercing cry. 
Several men lay on the ground dead. The armor of Narnians were scattered, as was the armor of Calormen. I saw Peter's body lying on the blood-stained ground just below me, I knelt down, and cradled his head in my hands.
The tears flowed freely now; they fell in heated drops against the High King's face, which was now turning white. His hand reached up and caressed my face.
"No, Peter, don't." I whispered, grasping his hand. "You'll be alright, you'll get better. Please," the colorless film blurred against my eyes. "Don't let me lose again!"
"I..." he began; his voice was hoarse. His eyes close, and his hand fell to the ground limp.
"Love you," it was as though I was finishing Peter's sentence. My words were muffled with tears. "I love you."
The world began to move freely now, and I stood, seeing the Calormene lord standing before me.
He chuckled softly, but a low rumble sounded inside of me.
"It is finished," were his only word. His accent was thick. 
"Yes," I said, standing stock still for a moment. Taking a deep breath, I grasped his sword and thrust it into his heart. "It is." 
Looking around me, I saw the remaining members of the Calormene army run away, in fear and terror. Caspian and Edmund ran to my side, seeing Peter. 
"He's still alive. We've got to get him home," Caspian said quickly, surveying the wound. 
I nodded, and Edmund put an arm around my shoulders. 
"He'll be alright, don't worry," he whispered. I wished I could believe it myself. 
-------------------------
"Charlotte, we have to get the arrow out of Peter's side." I suddenly snapped out of a reverie that seemed to be overtaking me.
"Yes," I breathed. I couldn't stand the sight of it any longer. 
"I heard!" Lucy ran in, whipping out her cordial.
"Lucy, darling," I took her hand, leading her out of the room, hearing the arrow rip out of Peter's flesh. I expected a cry of pain. There was nothing. "I don't think it can cure something like this.."
"But--" she began, then stopped, her eyes filling with tears. 
"Charlotte," I turned to see Susan, "Aslan wants to speak to you."
She motioned to the Grand Hall, and I ventured there, seeing the Great Lion standing before me.
"My daughter," he said. "You have suffered a great deal of pain."
"What is it you wanted to speak to me about?" I asked, trying to ignore his comment. 
"The pains you've been having, the ones you've experienced in the battle," he began, "You are with child, Charlotte."
I was taken aback.
"The child you lost leaving Narnia is returning to you again. I cared for her in my country, and now, she will start her life over. You have lost so much. There is no need to lose anymore." 
The smile tugging at the corners of my lips and a hand went to my stomach, where I felt a small heartbeat. It was subtle, but it was there. 
"She," I murmured. "Thank you, Aslan," I kissed the lion's temple and ran out of the room, back to Peter's chambers. They had just finished bandaging him, and I went to his side, looking longingly at his face, which was perfectly still. 
"Look, Peter," I whispered, forcing a small smile. "I'm going to have a baby." I placed his hand on my stomach, and flinched some feeling its cold sensation. "I'm going to get my baby back. I'm going to get my Leah Rose, the one who left us that time we left Narnia. She's going to grow up, and become a queen..." I trailed off, a few tears splashed onto his face. 
"Wake up," I said in a pleading whisper. I could see Caspian, Edmund, Susan and Lucy crying out of the corners of my eyes. 
Planting a soft kiss onto his lips, I left the room, with no words to anyone else. 
The only hope I had was that somehow...he heard me. Maybe he was awakening right now! No..it couldn't be possible.
Please... I thought. Don't let him die. Don't let me lose again.
Don't let me lose again.
(Copyright Jocelyn Carol, 2011)


It took me oh so LONG to write this!! Not sure why, but I hope you're clueless. I'm actually writing ahead of myself, but I will say it ties in with my Narnian fanfiction "Saga of My Heart" (written under my stage name). If you decide to go read it, you may understand, but I doubt it. 
Hope you liked it :)) *Phew* I deserve some cupcakes....
*yells after eating all the cupcakes* I fell better now!!

4 comments :

  1. I just added your story to my favorites list on fanfic.net. I don't have time to read it now, but I know I'll love it. :)
    This will be my first intro to Narnia fanfiction. I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um... the only reason I'm freaking about your book list is that Nicholas Sparks books are on it! How could want to read his books? Shame shame! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *sniff* Don't let Peter die, Jocee!!! :)

    Very well written...very much enjoyed...all together: great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the idea of writing Narnia fan fiction! Coolio! :)

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...