4.07.2011

teenagers VS young adults: Lauren

Now, I'm loving that these interviews are all making you guys think!! It's making me think for sure. And, now, on day four of this series, I give you:
Teenagers VS Young Adults: Lauren_ _
What's your name? Lauren :D
How old are you? 18
What's your favorite color? Hmm. Blue! I just adore blue. 
What is a teenager to you? Technically, I'd consider a teenager to be anyone between 13 and 18 years old. 
What's a young adult to you? A young adult is someone who is mature, and responsible. I truly believe that you can be as young as 15 years old, and be a young adult. 
Do you think teenagers have to be moody and rebellious just because that's the "status quo"? Certainly not! Especially not if they’re living in a Christian household. I know, maybe that sounds harsh or something, but I think that if you’ve grown up in a Christian household (as it seems so many of us bloggers have), you’re not really going to be overly rebellious…unless you call like, wanting to get your ears pierced rebellious. In that case, I’m such a rebel! ;)

As far as being moody goes, no, I don’t think it’s necessary, and I know quite a few “teenagers” who aren’t a bit moody! 
So my overall answer is that while teenagers occasionally tend to be moody and rebellious, I definitely don’t think that they have to be. It’s all about choices, ya’ll.
Do you think young adults are "party animals" and take advantage of their freedom too much? Well, in all honesty, I think it depends on the person. Yes, there are plenty of young adults who do take too much advantage of their freedom, and act out. But at the same time, there are plenty who are quite literally, just young adults. I mean, when you think of adults, you generally don’t think of them partying and being all crazy and such, and I really believe that there are young people who can be like that as well.
Do you wanna be a teenager or a young adult? 
(Like I said in my one comment) I grew up with my two aunts who are 13 and 14 years older than me. They’ve been my best friends for forever, and I really think that that’s given me, like, an older mind, ya know? I mean, yeah, I still have some teenage tendencies, like my obsession with Disney movies (hehehe), or my enjoyment of coloring: but in all honesty, I’ll probably still be like that 10 years down the road ;) I honestly think that I just kinda passed over the teenage phase of life; it’s as if I haven’t been a teenager since I was in the 8th grade, and even then, I don't know if I really counted as a typical teenager! I think because of Emily and Abby (my aunts), I’ve just always felt older than the kids around me in high school…and without being cocky, I’ll admit, I’ve often felt more mature. 
I know, that may sound self-righteous, but it’s just how I feel. I’ve always felt so far ahead of those around me in school (not education-wise, but personal-growth-wise), and I really think that it's because of how I grew up mainly with girls who were so much older than me! But as I said, I’m perfectly capable of being silly, and acting like a little kid…but over all, I would definitely consider myself a young adult as opposed to a teenager. Of course, I’ve got a ways to go, and still some things to learn, but that’s just life: there’s always more to learn, eh?

Yay, Lauren!! I think that was awesome! Well, this concludes day four of this blog series, stay tuned for more! (that totally just sounded like a tv show)
P.S. Go check out Lauren's blog! If you haven't, you haven't lived. But if you have, do it again :)

Photobucket

3 comments :

  1. very good Lauren. :) I definetly agree!

    xx,
    Bleah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good answers! Can't wait for the next interview!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww this just makes me feel special <3

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...