4.04.2011

teenagers VS young adults: Lizzi

So, this is my first interview for my new blog series: 
I'm really excited, and I hope you enjoy. I hope it really makes you think too, because it made me think. I think it needs to reach alot of our teens and well..general young people today. So without further ado, I give you:
Teenagers VS Young Adults: Lizzi_ _
What's your name? Lizzi

How old are you? 13

What's your favorite color(s)? Purple and Silver

What is a teenager to you? A teenager is a 13 year old (or older)

What is a young adult to you? A young adult is a person that can drive, has had her (or his) first kiss, can wear make-up, can get away with short dresses (applying to girls) and basically doesn't have to follow all of their parent's rules.

Do you think teenagers have to be moody and rebellious just because that's the "status quo"? No, teenagers should go against the grain. But, you don't find all teenagers like this. Almost all the teens I know listen to hip-hop and R&B, unlike me who listens to classical music. Almost all the teens I know like to wear the latest fashions, unlike me, who wears slouchy shirts and baggy sweats.

Do you think young adults are "party animals" and take advantage of their freedom too much? No, not all young adults are buck wild, but I think they abuse their power with all the parties, drinks and sex. Young adults are examples to us teens and some of them don't realize we're watching them and making choices off of what they do. 

Do you want to be a teenager or a young adult? I'd rather be a teen at the moment, so instead of worrying about later years, I'd rather enjoy my life right now. 

I think this went well. Don't you? Comment and tell me your thoughts!! (You can also copy and paste my blog series button on your blog)
And also, you should check out Lizzi's blog
Hope you enjoyed! More interviews to come. 
Photobucket

10 comments :

  1. This is a great idea! It is so true that We (as teenagers) watch young adults and it affects what we become in our, later, young adult years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to comment on this part of the interview in particular: "What is a young adult to you? A young adult is a person that can drive, has had her (or his) first kiss, can wear make-up, can get away with short dresses (applying to girls) and basically doesn't have to follow all of their parent's rules."

    I can see how some might see young adults this way but I can tell you that it is not all true. Yes, most young adults can drive, but that isn't what defines us. I was wearing light make-up when I was 14 - that didn't make me a young adult. The "first kiss" part isnt true either - I've known people who had their first kiss before they ever reached highschool... As for getting away with wearing short dresses.... some young adults do wear them, but it doesn't mean it's a good thing or right - I know I wouldnt wear a short dress even if I could get away with it. And lots of girls in grade school are wearing mini skirts and short dresses and they aren't even in double digits yet
    does that make them youg adults?

    Now the part that I found that was wrong more than the rest was the "not having to follow parents rules" - when you get older the rules can change - you get more privileges and the rules aren't quite as strict as when you are younger - it's not that we aren't following our parents rules - it's just that we have more freedom.
    I'm not trying to sound rude or anything - I just don't want y'all to have the wrong idea of what makes a young adult a young adult.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm.. this was interesting because I think my answers would be totally different! And also because we've been having this disscussion in my home;)

    I think a "young adult" is someone who is at the "teenager" age, but they behave more like a young adult by being responsible ect.

    In contrast I think a "teenager" is 13-19 who behaves more like a child, acting carelessly and having no responsibility, in short.

    I am 17 years old, and since about 14, I have chosen to act more like a "young adult" instead of a "teenager".
    A great read on this subject would be Alex and Brett Harris' book "Do Hard Things".

    Great post! I can't wait to see more interviews!!!
    <3 alli

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Lys!!!! :D That's exactly what I was thinking.
    The thing is I have young adult friends... and I am a 16 year old teenager with lots of 13-17 maybe even 18 year old friends. And I find that very little of that is actually true. Most of it is just stereo type. :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, I like what Lys and Alli had to say; I agree with them quite a bit! I'm 18 now, but I'm pretty sure I nearly surpassed the teenage phase of life, haha ;) I mean, of course I have had my little moments here and there, but for the most part, I've really been a "young adult" for a while now! I grew up with my two aunts, who are 13 and 14 years older than me, and they've been my best friends for pretty much my entire life! That's definitely had an impact on me, and as weird as it sounds, I feel like it's almost given me an older mind? Ha, I know that might sound funny, because I can be such a little kid at times...but for the most part, I feel like a 30 year old in an 18 year old's body :P But anyways, my being a young adult has had nothing to do with short skirts, driving, makeup, or not listening to my parents (heck no to that one!!) I really believe it's almost more of a mindset than anything else.
    Okay, I'm done with my long comment now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe that no matter if you are a teenager or a young adult, we ought to be shining our lights for Jesus and making a difference in our generation! I agree with Alli that Do Hard Things as an excellent book on this matter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice idea Jocee! I like what Lizzi said about young adults being examples for us teens, I never really thought about that! :) Great interview!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a good interview! I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chewie's Little Girl . . .April 4, 2011 at 7:43 PM

    First off, I want to say I really like your blog!!! Super cupcake pictures!

    Okay, on to my thoughts: Here's the deal. A teenager is someone who has the word 'teen' in their age. A young adult is someone who has proven themselves responsible, ie; they do the right in the big AND the little things and they do what's right. They can be trusted, they can be respected, they act older then what they really are. That's a young adult. And I completely agree, Lys. You took the words out of my mouth, girl! Good going!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lys, I admit I did not think about young adults that way. Although, the young adults I know act the way I said. Except for about 7 people...

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...