5.01.2011

it makes me wonder...

How people go on in their lives and they say "I wish I was them" or "I'm not good enough" and there are so many people who look up to them and say "I wish I was them". Sometimes we don't even notice.
Life isn't about wishing you were the Justin Bieber's, or the Taylor Swift's, or the *insert sensational celebrity here* . They're just people like the rest of us. Sure, over a billion people in the world know who they are, but does that make them anymore special than you?
You're beautiful! You have your whole life ahead of you, so don't waste it wishing you were someone you know you can't be. God has a great plan for you, so I think you should do find out what it is.
Who knows, maybe it'll involve traveling the world! Wouldn't that be fun?
There was this song on the movie "Lemonade Mouth" (great movie, by the way) and the main chorus was "Hey, oh, don't you wish you were us?!" It explained just about every typical teenager out there.
Maybe they're a freshman in high school, or maybe it doesn't made what grade they're in. They're basically invisible. No one notices them, no one cares, and the people who do notice them only do it to break their spirits.
Do me a favor, tomorrow, when you go to school, or do whatever you're going to do:
be yourself.
Why?
because God sees you when you feel invisible. because he stretches his hand out to you, and he's ready to hold you up when you feel weary. because he created you to be unique, not a copy. because makeup is created to hide all the blemishes and scars on your skin, but he's there to cleanse them. because his children always stray away from them and become who they want to be, not what He wants them to be, and he wants you to be the best you can be. because he knows the plans he has for you. to help you, not to harm you, but to give you hope and a future. why? because he loves you. 
Yeah. That's why.




7 comments :

  1. Beautifully written and encouraging post Jocee! Especially the part where you say that God created us to be unique, not a copy. Totally love that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Jocee! Personally, I don't think I sruggle too much with this problem of wanting to be someone else, but it was wonderful of you to share this with everyone!

    Happy Spring!
    Love,
    Manda

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLmTdEM5QUI

    Jocee I'm sure you've seen this vid, but thot I'd give u the link! ITs Will & Anna on "The Morning Show" in 2008. :) Enjoy!
    Love,
    Manda

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this! Amen, Amen and Amen! I wish more young people out there could read this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so true! I think a lot of us need to keep this in mind. Thanks for posting:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was wonderful! Thank you, Jocee!
    I always love inspirational posts.

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...