5.02.2011

it's just like old times...

Where there was no electricity, and people had fumble around for a candle to see since there were no flashlights, or those lights that shine on your keys. The only light was the sun, or its reflection on the moon, or the stars. Nothing else.
Tumblr_lkhfdgjavy1qc144qo1_500_large
did you guess right? I hope you did.....
that's right. the power went out. 
You know, just randomly. Just on my street. RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF MY FAVORITE TV SHOW!!! 
So, Pa and Ma and me andmy baby sis packed up the farm and got in the wagon, goin' out onto the wile' blue yander...
[2011 version] Mommy, daddy, me and Joy packed up dinner, koolaid, cupcakes, icing and ice cream, and drove to Grandma's house, which is only 2 blocks away from us. The power's on here, so I'm listening to my blog playlist and talking to one of my closest friends about writing. 
Life is good, isn't it?
When life gives you power outages, go over the river and through the woods to Grandma's house and eat the food you packed/raid what's left of the food in her refrigerator. No, my grandma's not home, we're actually at her vacation house, which happens to be in our neighborhood.
Yeah. 
So what am I going to do right now? Hmm...good question...
  • eat some cucpakes
Tumblr_lk6diedfqb1qdopjko1_500_large


  • watch the "Little Women" movie. Maybe all of the versions ;) Of course, I like the 1994 one best. 
Tumblr_kw4kbx2l6k1qa3c5to1_500_large
  • take my novels characters out to eat. Seriously, we need to get to know each other better!
Tumblr_ljce9savf01qgd3o2o1_500_large
  • dream about my husband. Oh wait, he's right next to me. Say hi, sweetie!!
Normal_039_large
Maybe the power'll be on when we get home. Maybe. 
P.S. I have a new blog design on my photography blog, and our very own Nana of By the Way helped me out, so go look and see!

4 comments :

  1. I love that last picture of *your* husband!!! ;)

    Hopefully the power comes back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, power outages are awlways fun! But only if they last a short time. Nice pictures, and I'll go over and check out your photography blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, Little Women!!! Soooo good. And I've always kinda liked when the power went out...but only if it's during the day, and for just a little bit ;) I'm not game for the 2-3 day long power outages. Blech!
    ~Lauren :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pic of Will, but sorta getting tired of the same pix of him.

    WilliamGallery.org has SO MANY different pix of him! Check it out, Jocee! Just a suggestion, btw.

    Love,
    Manda

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...