5.28.2011

Soleil (Sun) -- {Guest Post: Rachel}

Light can be gentle, dangerous, dreamlike, bare, living, dead, misty, clear, hot, dark, violet, springlike, falling, straight, sensual, limited, poisonous, calm and soft. ~Sven Nykvist

There is so much power in sunlight.

In my own little corner of the world, the sun has been a rare and precious thing these days.

The countryside has been tossed with storms, the clouds reaching down their frightening fingers to tease and toss the world into devastating ruin.

As much as I love the mighty power of the thunder, and as much as I bear respect for the rushing winds and pounding rain...

...I miss my patch of blue sky.

I miss the sunshine.

My skin tingles at the very thought of the warm, tender kiss of the sunlight upon my bare shoulders and arms...the whispering rays curling their way down my hair and bathing my neck and face in its delicate warmth.

I long to feel the brush of breeze rustle my hair into some unusual and nature-wild style, to feel the caress of damp daisy petals against my nose as I reach up to tuck the snow-pure blossom behind my ear.

But for now, I must gaze at grey skies...allow the splash of raindrops against my windowpane to lull me to sleep.

For I have faith...and I have hope.

The clouds will part, the soft fingers of light will brush against the earth again.

The sun will return.

And when it does...

...I will dance.

Faith is the bird that feels the light and sings when the dawn is still dark. ~Rabindranath Tagore
Rachel: This is who I am. This is who He has called me to be, no questions asked. I love daisies, roses, and walks in the rain. I love big empty fields, leafy trees, and Jane Austen novels. I love my amazing Savior. My husband is my hero and my better half. My family is beautiful, strong, and incredible. My two best friends are breathtaking. Imogen Heap and Priscilla Ahn are my soul dance. My heart is drawn to Lima, Peru and India. Those two locations call my name. Peru begs me to return; India wishes me an awakening. I breathe theater like some breathe air. I write like my life depends on it. I wish to ride on the wind, laugh with the streams, and whisper with the secrets of the morning. Narnia is real. I know it, I believe it. The wardrobe may be closed, but I will find another door. One day. 


Hope you liked this post!! Rachel is the author of the fantabulous blog Dramatic Elegance, and she is one of the guest posters I've chosen for this blog party. I just love her writing style and I adore her in general. Her writings are inspiring and bring joy to my heart, and I hope you'll stop by her blog (AND FOLLOW) Hope you're enjoying the blog party so far :))
(P.S. I'll be announcing an award on Sunday!!)

5 comments :

  1. I feel so honored to have been asked to guest post on your blog, Jocee. This is really sweet of you, and I am so glad that I can help you celebrate such an amazing accomplishment! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely guest post! Oh, and in response to the comment you left on my blog: I'm 13 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. amen to all that! sun in pure bliss. i am doing some serious praying for sun in england.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! Like I've said before. Rachel makes everything so beautiful and romantic.<3 She should definitely write a book someday.
    Awesome post<3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful post =) Love the writing style ♥

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...