5.24.2011

sometimes i wish...

Sometimes I wish I was famous and I could do whatever and I wanted and wouldn't have to answer to anyone...
But then I realize that I have so many friends right here and right now, and I don't have to be a copy to be somebody. I can be me.
Sometimes I wish my sister wouldn't blackmail me so much...
But then I realize one day she'll grow up and we'll get along...hopefully...
Sometimes I wish I was born in the 1950's when everyone was glamorous and the men wore tuxedos to breakfast and the women wore furs at night.
But then I realize how itchy those clothes probably were and that I should be thankful for my comfy skinny jeans and fuzzy socks. (but it never hurts to dress up a little)
Sometimes I wish I had a princess rotary 1920's telephone and I'd have gab fests like Lucy Ricardo and Ethel Mertz...
But then I realize I'd probably have to get a job and pay the phone bill...
Sometimes I wish a camera would just randomly show up at my house and beg for me to be its mommy....
But then I realize patience is a virtue, and that I'm still learning to wait *patiently* for my birthday and Christmas to arrive.
Sometimes I wish Paris would come to me, instead of me going there, and I could gallivant around eating macaroons and pastries and cheese....
But then I realize it would be so much fun to actually leave the country for a change, and watch the sun rise and set while in the airplane, and look at the skyline, and feel that butterfly of excitement knowing that I'm actually there...
Sometimes I wish everything in my book of dreams will come true...
But then I realize that I don't have to wish for that. Because one day, somewhere, at sometime, they will all happen.
And I'll get my happily ever after....
(Thank you to Bleah for giving me this idea.)

7 comments :

  1. Wow, this is the sweetest post. The song "It's a Beautiful World" was playing while I was reading it and this just makes me really happy. Thanks, Jocee :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a gorgeous post! I love it so much! I had the delight and pleasure of having "Kiss the Rain" playing in the background. Gorgeous piano and strings to compliment the melody of the words and photos.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pretty much adore this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in love with this post! And I was wondering when your photo contest ends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh mi goodness, your blog is ADORABLE! I'm super proud to be the 100th follower! Yay! God bless. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was the sweetest post ever. =) It reminded me of Pollyanna--always looking at the bright side of everything.

    Also, I adore I Love Lucy so your reference made my day. And the 50s were so classy! I want to go to Paris SO.BADLY. I say we just forget everything and go now, eh? ;P

    ~Jenn

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...