5.23.2011

there's bokeh in my eyes...

Saturday and Sunday were two busy days. My sister had her swim meet, I had my swim meet, and the next day we had church, my swim meet, saying goodbye to Daddy, who's gone for a business trip, the basketball game (which, personally I couldn't care less about), and me crying in bed for the camera, which left with Daddy. 
BUT, I did get a chance to take some pictures before he left. And lemme tell ya', Joy has some ADORABLE friends. Too cute.
I didn't know my digital camera didn't do portraits like this. Her eyelashes are really curly. Wow! Props to the Kodak!! (And yes, you may think she's cute...but: OY. VEY, I tell you! OY. VEY.)
This is my fabulous bestie, Rachel. (I know alot of Rachel's) I wanted to get her eyes specifically in this photo, and this is how it turned out. Isn't she just gorgeous?!!? I love her oh soooo much.
This angel is probably my most best friend in the whole entire world. Did I tell you I love babies? Well, I LOVE babies. When Joy was born, I doted on her. I even made her stay a baby until like...four. This little cutie pie's name is Elizabeth (Lizzy for short) and she's about 1 and 1/2. She's so precious, and she has THE BLUEST eyes I've ever seen. Lemme prove it to you:
Oh. My. Goodness. Ness. She's so beautiful!! And really smart, too. I play with her when I take Joy to her swim practice filled with lots of beautiful little people ;)
After that, I went to my swim meet...and swam....DUH. And went home and I forgot what else I did that day. Ooops.
But anyway, there's bokeh in my eyes...what does that mean, exactly? Well, whenever I finish swimming at a meet, I take off my cap and go underwater to rinse out my hair, and when I come up and open my eyes, there are little dots in front of them, that dangle on my lashes. (AKA, there's water on my eyelashes that I can see) I like to think of it as bokeh...cool huh? Okay, I'll explain it in a quote/abstract paragraph-type-thingy:
The sun is setting into its ocean, preparing to rest after the long day. The sky is peach, and it gives a glow to the grove of trees that its eyes rest upon. Shadows are beginning to appear everywhere, and the world is becoming misty. There are little flickers of light that are traveling around in little circles, and sometimes even hearts. They create a glassy film that gives the grove a sense of elegance that can only appear in the night. The tiny spheres are dancing about, and I can’t help but wonder if there are millions of fairies inside. The only way to describe it, would be with the word “indescribable”. There’s bokeh in my eyes, and it’s the most beautiful blur of all.
It's short, and was pretty hard to write, honestly, but well, it was worth it ;)
How was your weekend? I hope it wasn't as busy as mine ;) Guess what?! Seven, WAIT...SIX more followers until my blog party!! Anyone wanna do a guest post?
P.S. For those who were wondering, my photo challenge ends on Wednesday. So you have two days to get your photos in before I decided the finalists and the winners ;)

7 comments :

  1. I loved this entire post! First of all, your sister and friends are beautiful!!! And you took lovely pictures, of course ;) And that little paragraph thingy was wonderful! Bravo, girl!! :D
    ~Lauren :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics Jocee! I would LOVE to do a guest post for ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! I would LOVE to do a guest post. I mean, I know I've already said that but in case you forgot me :) lol. Sorry, I'm in a strange mood.

    The pictures are amazing! The baby is sooooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pictures! Your friend really is beautiful, and I envy her eyelashes!!!!! I agree that bokeh is totally awesome. :)

    Love and Hugs!!!! xxxx~Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those photos are so awesome! Your little sister is seriously adorable! :D And I get bokeh on my eyelashes too! It's mainly when I come out of the shower... but it's so cool when it happens. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://dramaticelegance.blogspot.com/2011/05/moi-me.html

    The post that gives you applause! I LOVE my blog's new look...you're amazing! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. so I found this on the little "you may also like" section, and i do the exact same thing whenever i get out of the pool :) haha, so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...