6.29.2011

paint me a picture

Everyone morning I've signed onto Blogger and read each post that I missed in the time that I was sleeping, or just didn't get a chance to read, period. Atleast once every single day, I come across a blog I've never seen before. It either gets me jumping on top of the couch screaming or just simply thinking "this is really cool!" I want to read a blog that I'm drawn to. Like when I open a book and read the first chapter, I want to be intrigued. I want to be able to have the desire to know more.
I want to be drawn to the things you say. I want to be inspired by your rants, your ramblings, and your writings. I don't want to be torn away from the picture you're trying to paint.
And when I think about it, it is almost like painting a picture.
Your paintbrush is the pencil, your canvas the paper, and your paint is simply what's inside of your mind. You let it out in whatever way you choose, and the painting is finished, and framed and hung so everyone can see. When people see it, they are drawn to it.
When I come across a new blog, I see the canvas they have chosen, the the paintbrush they've used, and the paint, and I decided whether or not it brings me in, or causes me to want to know more. Most of the time, the answer is yes.
To all those out there who have had an impact on my life {no matter how big, or small}:
The picture you painted is absolutely breathtaking. It's spectacular, and it's inspired me to paint a picture just like it. I'm not a professional at this, but one day, my art will be complete, and I just want to give you a token of my gratitude.
So right now, my sister has earplugs in her ears, jamming to Lady Antebellum's "Just A Kiss", I'm snuggling up in my favorite sweater because it's freezing in my house, and I'm getting out my paintbrushes and canvas, and I'm going to work on my picture some more.
P.S. My friend Raven and her sister Amber have each just started blogging {and I designed their blogs!} and would really appreciate some comments and followers. So, please be a dear and head on over there :)

8 comments :

  1. BEAUTIFUL post Jocee! Inspired me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, how sweet! that's kind of how i feel when i find a new blog i like...one with words and pictures that set the tone for how you want your day to be. which your blog often does for me. :)

    a simple, peaceful life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is a sweet post, Jocee! A beautiful analogy.

    Thanks for sharing,
    Näna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your picture has already intrigued me...its a becoming masterpiece...no joke.<3 Love this post, deary:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post. I love it! I always enjoy reading what you have to say on here. You are inspiring :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet post, Jocee! <3 You really do have a way with words, and the pictures you use always seem to mingle well with the words. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post was sooo inspiring! Thanks for sharing this. I feel the same way, too sometimes. :)

    xo, gina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully written, Jocee. Great job! :D

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...