7.05.2011

spaghetti sauce is evil (a guest post by Hayley)

Here's a life lesson for y'all: always, ALWAYS, leave a lid on the pot of spaghetti sauce you're cooking.

Why? Because spaghetti sauce is dangerously evil when on high heat on your stove!

...You see, the other night my mom asks me to make some spaghetti. So I do. I've never made spaghetti in my life, so I just played it by ear. I put a pot on the stove and poured a jar of some yummy "tomato & basil" sauce in there. I turned the heat on to around eight, and left it to heat up.

Little did I know that if on a high enough heat, spaghetti sauce likes to spit at you... yes, I know, very rude indeed! -__-

^^yes, I know this is tomato soup, but close enough, right? ;)

So a while later I see my noodles are almost done, so I figure the sauce must be done as well. As I'm reaching for the knob to shut the heat off, out of the corner of my eye, I see the sauce bubble and fly into the air. I had no time to duck for cover... it all happened so fast. O_o

Before I know it, my eye, actually right next to my eye is stinging. I flew for a nearby potholder to dab it with. Then quickly turned the stove off.

Guys, it hurt so bad. No joke. That sauce was extremely hot! >:O
And so, that concludes my true story on why you should always put a lid on the pot of spaghetti sauce you're cooking. Because hot sauce near you eye hurts... BAD.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photobucket
 Hello! Allow me to introduce myself, I’m Hayley! You may notice that I'm a chatter-box and that I tend to ramble at times. Photography is my passion and I am constantly trying to capture the beauty in life. I also love to write and create things with my imagination. I enjoy improv and making people laugh. I am a Christian and love Jesus with all my heart! I adore everything vintage and bohemian. Check out my blog Fish Flakes! :)

2 comments :

  1. Hahah. I am sure that hurt extremely bad! A lesson learned the hard way...I am sorry you got hurt in the process! I hope the spaghetti was so delicious, it made up for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll remember this...Great post!

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...