8.05.2011

Fabric Flower Hair Clip DYI {A Guest Post by Kelsey}

I love these ruffled flower hair clips! They are super easy to make, so let's get started!!
First gather your supplies.
You will need some fabric. You can use cotton, sheer, silk, basically any type of fabric. In this picture I'm using sheer.
A glue gun.
Felt or fleece.
Scissors.
Hair clip. (not string. I changed my mind about what I wanted to make at the last minute.)

Now cut a 2 1/2 in. circle out of felt. And using that as a "pattern", cut a bunch of circles the same size out of your choice fabric.
Scrunch it up to form a point at the bottom.
Dab a little hot glue on the tip.
Now smoosh it into the middle of the felt.
It will unfold, but don't worry.
You're going to shove another piece right next to it.
Continue this process until you've covered the felt.

Cut another piece of felt, the same size as the first, and hot glue it to the back.
Take your clip of choice and put a little dab of glue on the top.
Place it face down on the felt. Let dry.
And wa la!! A beautiful hair clip!!



I'm Kels, an aspiring photographer, a wannabe writer, a stay at home daughter{diligently preparing for my prince charming}, and a musician, living in the Sunshine state.
I love Jesus with all my heart, and seek to please Him everyday. And my family means the whole world to me.

Come visit me over at The Flip-Flop Farmgirl. :)




Have a lovely day everyone!
xxxx~Kelsey

8 comments :

  1. Awesome guest post Kelsey! I'll try it out sometime! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea! I love great big hair clips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really adorable idea! And this actually may be a good craft idea for my sister's birthday party! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That adorable! I love DIYs! Thanks a bunch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely pretty! Hmmm, wasn't that fabric supposed to be a skirt 7 years ago or something? hee hee... I love you Kelsey...I love your sweet heart that shines Jesus through and through!
    Aunt Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, i like your idea in making hair lovely to look at. It's so cute and thank you for sharing us the tips in making it. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...