8.02.2011

For the love of Books {Guest poster, ASHLEY!}

I read books. A lot. Ok, I'll admit it, the only thing I do more then breath and blog, is read.  Drop dead honest. I don't even WRITE as much as I read.  But how can you NOT read?  They are open windows to worlds untouched!
I love blocking out my woes, and open a book and start a new 'life'.  Even if it is short lived.


I happen to get very worked up over books, I LOVE the Characters, or hate them.  I laugh and giggle when something good, funny or happy happens, and cry at the sad parts.  For me, there is no 'in the middle' I either love it, or hate it.
"Mon coeur se trouve dans les livres"  French for, "My Heart lies in Books"


 And note, no, I do not speak French,  I happen to use THIS very handy translator. :-D

I'd love to be a librarian.  To work AMONG books. TO dust them off, to recommend them, to breath in there smell.
Yes, One of the first thing I do each time I get a new book is open it to the middle, stick my nose into the crevice, and breath in deeply!  I know, I'm odd. and Possibly a weirdo.

And, for your information, Old books smell the best.




I want a personal library with shelfs to the roof, with deep red chairs to sink into, and a crackling fire.


I have already started on a small library...small...mind you.  But I love that little collection of 20-30 novels, and loves.
I feel like I am just rambling now, I think I have put forward my love enough.  I love their smell, their characters, their tales.  I love the covers, and the emotions that course through me each time I open a new one.  Or even an old one, like a trusty friend.  I know it hasn't changed since the last time I opened it.  I am like a Alice in her own Wonderland.

I love thee, books.





Livres sont ouvertes sous windows de fantaisie et d'aventure. Livres peuvent capturer votre coeur comme très peu peuvent.





 Ashley is a writer of tales, reader of books, reciter of quotes, and lover of movies.  A big sister to 8, a photographer in heart, a forever dreamer and all around retro gal.  She blogs @  Cheery-O!, Penciled With Imagination, and reviews books at The Epic Reader.





15 comments :

  1. *high-fives* Lovely post! Completely agree with ya =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohmygosh your blog is just so adorable! :)


    XOXO
    www.alexandra-clements.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I'm glad to see that there are other people who like reading books more than I do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah books do smell good. And they are awesome. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post Ashley!!! I Love books. However, I would not smell a library book. They tend to smell bad because of how many people use them. Now...new books or my books. They all smell wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love reading, too. But only if it's a good book. Cuz if it's not, I usually can't or don't finish it. I love the smell of new books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perhaps you'd like the song Sometimes I feel like Alice by Lisa Mitchell. I know I do!:)
    I love reading. I mean, that's me. I love books. Though I do tend to find that in-the-middle feeling sometimes. I've got my own collection of books, too.. I was an avid collector of The Baby-Sitters Club when I was little, and that makes up half my collection. :P

    But back to what we're saying -- I LOVE NOVELS! And writing. And all that. So I suppose what I mean to say is, loved your post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. books are delicious. that's all i can say.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omigosh and I thought I was the only one! I love breathing in the smell of books :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree 100%! I lovee books. Love love love 'em. I don't know what I would do without my library card! Old books DO smell wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmm...the smell of old books. New books. Any book at all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the "keep calm and read a book" quote. def one of my favorites :)

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...