8.14.2011

rambling rambles

*to those who commented on last night's post: thank you so much for all of your kind words and prayers. I am feeling much much better today. I love you all ::{]) <--- mustache smiley face with a square mouth and a round chin -insert sheepish smile here-*
I've been browsing blogs and it seems like everyone has a "miscellaneous" post. Well, atleast Carlotta and nzkiwigirl. So, I thought, why not do a post like that? I mean, every post I do doesn't exactly have to make perfect sense. Actually, 99.99999... percent of the posts I do don't make sense anyway. Anywho, I decided to have a "rambling rambles" post. Where I ramble. About rambling. 
001. I've been having this intense need for the ocean. You know, taking pictures with it, videoing yourself walking on its beach, the sound of the rushing waves, all that. And the good news is, I'm going to California in a week and a half, so I'll get to see it :)
002. I always thought about making a journal of my travels. But, the thing is, I haven't traveled to many places and actually taken pictures that I'd put in my travel book. Come to think of it, I don't even HAVE a travel book. Is there anything out there with Audrey Hepburn and Paris on it?
003. This morning at church I downed two cups of Raspberry tea. Now, you must understand that I'm very particular about my tea. What flavor what is, what I sweeten it with, what brand. I had some natural tea, and I didn't really enjoy the taste so I gave it to my sister and started on another cup. I personally don't like raspberries that much because of the unsettling taste, but I decided that it's what makes the raspberry raspberry-ish and brewed a cup. I prefer my tea sweet {although I can drink it without the sweet and just observe the flavor} and to my surprise it wasn't half bad. Not at all. So, I now have a new favorite type of tea. Plus, it came in this little box that slides open and closed. I usually have Twinings Earl Grey tea but this was really, really good. 
004. I really really like blueberry muffins. Jus' sayin....
005. I don't know if it's the fact that I'm journeying into the world of high-fashion next Thursday {aka: California} or if it's just a new hobby that I've acquired, but I really really really love old time clothing right now. You know, nothing to loud, nothing too quiet, but it has just the right tone of voice, you know? That's what the 1950's and 1960's eras do to you. But tonight I'm going to browse the Net and find photos to put on my inspiration board. I think I'm going to need alot more tacks. 
006. I've had this sudden love for vintage cameras. You know, real cameras. Not the ones with the screen that shows you the outcome of the photo you just took {otherwise known as digital cameras}. The ones that have attachable and detachable flash, and the all manual zoom, with the leather straps that come with the camera. They don't need to be specially made or anything, they are the norm. The ones that require film. My granddad has one of these. It's so amazing. 
007. I really need new sunglasses. I got my current ones for under $5 at Dehlia's. Usually, the price of sunglasses go down during late July and August. I think it's because the need for sunglasses goes down considerably after that, but here in Texas, it get REALLY hot in late July and August, so to me that's the ideal time to buy sunglasses. Plus, they're just awesome :P
008. Cupcakes taste really good. I don't think this needs any explanation. 
009. I really want some snow right now. But then again, it's raining, so it's not like I'm going to complain!
{last photo credit: jackie rueda photography}
You know, I think I'm going to go work on my inspiration board now. There's thunder outside and there's tea brewing in the kitchen. Life is good :D

10 comments :

  1. I remember using a film camera...when I was like 11. Gosh, that feels like forever and a day ago. Haha!

    I just bought myself two new pairs of sunglasses. <3

    I hope you have a fantastic time in California! Have lots of fun! :)

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aah, Jocee, I'm so glad you're feeling better. :). I didn't really know what to comment about on that post, but I felt really bad for you ):.

    I love your ramblings. Sunglasses are totally a most for all seasons, especially in the winter when the sun glints off stuff, don't you think? I too don't like the taste of raspberries >:P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you're obessed with cupcakes...just saying. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. California?!?! No way! I MUST come with you! I've been dying to go there for a very long time! :) I am in LOVE with the 40s, 50s, and early 60s. Jackie Kennedy is one of my inspirations, and then also so are Georgie Henley & Taylor Swift. <3

    Glad your day was alot better!!

    Love you,
    Manda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome-ness on you feeling better! <3

    Forever 21 has awesome sunglasses that are not too expensive. Also, I know it sounds lame but check out Dollar Tree! They sell reeeally cute sunglasses there sometimes. Also, I bought a pair of sunglasses from the Dollar Tree about 2 years ago and they still haven't broke so they are pretty good quality for a buck ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel your pain about the heat in Texas.... I'm in TX too, and IT'S SO HOT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Film cameras are the coolest!(:

    And when you're in California, go to Jerry's Famous Deli and get a red velvet cupcake. They're epic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this post!
    ahh...blueberry muffins! One of New Zealand's national foods. Seriously, if you ever get to NZ, have a blueberry muffin there. Oh. So. Good.
    I am really wanting one now...now look what you've done jocee!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ilove thunder and storms! And those outfits; love them!:)

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...