9.08.2011

bird of the summer

you came with a season as the first swallow sang
a brown headed stranger with a five letter name (do do do, do do, do do)
we planted our kisses where the wild berries glow
my feet sprouted wings and i flew all the way home (do do do, do do, do do)
my cheeks red like fire engines racing
straight to the heat of your skin
i know our days are numbered early bird of the summer
you'll fly south just as the fall begins
bird of the summer - a fine frenzy

this is going to be the start of many fall related posts. this is going to be the start of several days where perfect punctuation and capitalization cease to exist. and you know what? why not? 
83 degrees, high of 90, low of 60. the time where sweaters aren't a dream anymore. they're actually needed. finally. the sun is shining, and a cool breeze is welcoming your arrival into the great outdoors. your sanctuary. walk through the damp grass. you don't quite need to wear shoes yet, for fear of frostbite. 
today is a day where i feel like writing. it's a day when school activities are finished before noon. it's a day where i feel like browsing through various blog archives, getting inspired for later dates. it's a day where i feel like linking up to "imperfect prose" {you should probably look for a second post from me later today. EDIT: no, maybe next week.}. it's a day where anything can happen. and anything will happen. it's a day where simplicity is the best policy, and six cups of raspberry and citrus tea is a must. it's a day where i feel like making up a quote. it's a day where barnes & noble is calling for me. longing for me to come and rest my palms along the sturdy leather-bound covers of their books...flipping ever-so-gently among the pages. it's a day where i feel like being profound. it's a day where the leaves slowly fade from green to a glorious auburn, and the grass seems to take on a golden shade. it's a day where words are inspirational. where life is a cup of cake. where dictionary's are comfort to the mind. where lampposts whisper your deepest, darkest thoughts. where nostalgia is welcome. and jane austen speaks directly to your soul. 
speaking of creating quotes...
have a good day, dearies. read a book. :)

9 comments :

  1. I want to read a book so badly! But I have so much art coursework to do that I can't!!! D: < My face of devastation!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite a lovely post! I think I'm going to go read the dictionary. That counts as a normal book right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.s. did you take this picture? Or is it you? orrr did you use a tripod or somethin? Sorry, I'm confusing myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :)))))
    happy post!!!!!

    which, of course, makes me happy too. <3 you, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lou: No, it's not me, and I *totally* wish I could've taken that picture. Isn't it so pretty?! :))
    -Jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coolios! Yes, it is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...