9.29.2011

guess what, mommy?

this is my mom.
well, kind of. she's not clair huxtable, but she looks like her, and acts like her. this is just an idea. 

every once in awhile my mom and i sit down and look at my blog. she works a lot, so she doesn't really read it, but a few times a month we sit down with our cups of tea and she reads my latest posts. and it all starts with "guess what, mommy?"

i remember when i first started this blog. within week two of blogging i already had around ten followers.  "guess what mommy?" i have ten followers now! and she'd say "really? what did you post about?" and the number kept growing. "hey, guess what mommy? i got a new design?" and she'd say "really? let's see it!" 

even when i didn't feel very happy, she'd always ask what was wrong, and offer to help with the problem. now, my mom isn't really one to feel sympathetic for a person, she's more like the person who offers a solution to the problem. and in the end she's always right. 

so now, there are 212 of you guys, and with every one of you there's been a "guess what, mommy?!" and i know there'll be a lot more to come.


i asked her to say something to you guys, and this is what she says:
mom: i love my daughter very much and i'm proud of her.
me: no, mom! you're supposed to say something funny!
mom: *pauses for a moment, then says* how do you expect me to say something funny? i'm eating! if you want me to be funny, i'll be funny after meal hours. speaking of which, can you make me some tea?


that's my mom for you. she's awesome :))
-kiss kiss kiss, hug wicker basket-
{pee ess: twitter, or not twitter? also, i've put an FAQ up on my sidebar! anything you wanted to ask? just send me a comment!}
{pee pee ess: i'm going to need a few guest posters. i'm not leaving, but i'd like some people to post on tuesday, thursday, and saturday of next week. volunteers, please?}

15 comments :

  1. I'll guest post!!!!!!!!!

    And your mom sounds sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mom sounds super cool:) I recently joined Twitter, and I'm loving it.
    BTW: I can be a possible guest poster if you need someone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! saw your invitation to guest post, and I would love to do it:) Not sure yet what it would be about, I need to get my thinking cap on for that one:)
    If you need me- contact me @ forevercapturingmemories@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd guest post if you like. xD YOu know where to email me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will(:
    Oh, and is this a new design?! I cant tell, Im on a phone...<3

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'll guest post!
    You know where to find me! (:

    Also, your mom sounds awesome. Seriously. I have to force my om to read my blog, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll guest post. And yeah, like Qui, you know where to e-mail me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha,your mom sounds awesome. :)

    tinyheart

    ReplyDelete
  9. JOIN TWITTER. Please. I just started using it and need someone to talk to :|

    I can guest post if you'd like - vuhladdo@gmail.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd be honored if I could guest post for you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha!! I just watched the Cosby show for the first time today, too!!! Haha!!! :))) This was a great post!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to guest post!

    Your mom sounds like my Mom. :-D ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved reading this post. Too cute. ;)

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Jocee!
    I was wondering if you would like to guest post for me today? I completely understand if you can't! you can email me @ cottencandyclouds96@gmail.com if you want to or just leave me a comment! :))) Have an amazingly, wonderful day!

    Love,
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...