11.26.2011

continuous and others

taken in the driveway, whilst mommy and joy were painting the back door. 
it's funny. the hot weather has gone away, cooler temperatures are setting in, thanksgiving has passed. like you're caught up in the moment and then suddenly pushed back into reality, realizing that the year is almost over. my birthday is in sixteen days. talk of decorations and meal plans fill the house, over the clink of silverware on ceramic plates holding the thanksgiving leftovers. i feel as though i have to wait for everyone's birthday to pass until it comes to mine. but then i realize, it's all relative, our birthdays are all the same distance apart. and we don't take the time to understand that we're getting older each second. we don't acknowledge our growing maturity. longer hair and stature, and the wrinkles creep up on us, even though it seems so far away. speaking of birthdays and maturity..

i am amazed how generous my grandma can be. sells her summer house in michigan, buys a house close to us, and opens it up so we can drop by anytime, for football, puzzles, the word of the day, among other things. i love my grandma. she's always cheery, quick to respond with a witty, memorable answer, and one of the first things out of her mouth is hello, love! how are you? would you like some hot chocolate? this morning {with nine minutes to spare} i'm at grandma's house, with a mug full of hot chocolate and the michigan game on, about to make blueberry muffins from scratch, and talking with mommy over birthday party plans. 

how are you, today? 
your story || aspire
-kiss kiss kiss, hug architecture-

10 comments :

  1. I love you Jocee, I really do. :) You are an incredible young lady and I'm glad to know you and call you a friend!
    Much love,
    Lauren :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! Time goes by so fast and I really hate it. I'm not ready to grow up this fast. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm, love this. You paint such vivid pictures with your words, I love it! Yes, we do grow so fast! And sometimes i just forget that i'm growing every day. My day? full of organizing, working out, and being followed by my second shadow... oh joy!
    -Lou

    ReplyDelete
  4. that photo is golden and gorgeous ♥

    and your grandma sounds pretty awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I awarded you the stylish blogger award! http://gracy-girl.blogspot.com/2011/11/i-got-stylish-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are good at putting people in a positive mood, Jocee! Not only do your comments on my blog make me happy and all smiley, but your posts do as well! Grandmas are pretty amazing. They are good at making you feel like you are the most special person in the world. Scratch that, in the entire universe.

    Lovely post - as always!

    ReplyDelete
  7. By the way - how did you get the photo of you that is on your sidebar in the flowerish looking circle?

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is AMAZING! I LOVE your photos!!! You are just SO creative
    www.odetolivinglife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful!! I love the way you write.

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...