12.02.2011

good morning, december, would you like some tea?

the thermostat reads sixty-five degrees. this is indoors. it's funny, our house is too hot in summer months and too cold in the winter, and yet i don't feel myself complaining while draping an extra blanket over my knees, and preparing for the day. i always think that we're so caught up in the moment that we don't realize time is continuous. Christmas gets closer every second. 
the leaves are slowly adjoining themselves, escalating into piles that are begging to be leapt in. there is frost on somedays, most easily seen on the neighbor's roof tops, and on the tips of the grass. it almost looks like snow. i am {at snail's pace} motivating myself to put up the decorations. our family has an unofficial tradition of putting up the tree rather late, and leaving it up until march or even may. but after the winter season is over and the leaves start budding on the trees, i do love to see the ornaments holding out. if gives me hope that the next time will come sooner.

i am crossing one day off my internal calendar. ten days until fifteen. records are hanging from the ceiling and doilies are lying about in an attempt to make some sort of suitable decoration. i am brainstorming gift ideas and thankful that i have acrylic paints to rely on. i do believe handmade has worn off on me. 
this month is going to be a journal of sorts. documenting life and all its findings, and then a year in review. it is coming upon the first year i've spent with you. and it's probably the best year i've ever had. i cannot stop listening to she & him's Christmas album. i would say i need help, but i'm perfectly fine, thank you very much. 
so, until next time: good morning, december. would you like some tea?
-kiss kiss kiss, hug your headboard-
all pictures via weheartit.

7 comments :

  1. what a perfect description of my favorite month ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time does go by so fast doesn't it? I can't believe it is already December. I love the cooler weather now and how I seem to constantly be craving for hot choco. During this month I almost always am in the mood to be crafty. I love giving handmade gift items too, these are what I call labors of love. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. those your pictures? you should credit them if they aren't. :)

    loverly post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful.Beautiful.Beautiful.Beautiful.Beautiful. I love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. goodness gracious. lovely-ness overload. i too have been enjoying She and Him's Christmas album. so perfect :)

    much love♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahh, i love this and all the pictures! We still haven't put up our decorations yet, and it's killing me to not get to snap constant pictures of ornaments and bokeh. also, did you get my email with the photos attached? I'm not sure if it, or the emails asking if you got it, sent.

    Love, cupcakes, raindrops.
    -Lou

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...