1.23.2012

early bedtime

when a 10th grader finds a childish and very imaginative poem in her anthology of various writings, she has the incessant need to post it on her blog. so, yeah.

the plumpuppets - christopher morley
when little heads weary have gone to their bed,
when all the good night and the prayers have been said,
of all the good fairies that send bairns to rest
the little plumpuppets are those i love best.

if your pillow is lumpy, or hot, thin, and flat,
the little plumpuppets know just what they're at:
they plump up the pillow, all soft, cool, and fat--
the little plumpuppets plump-up it!

the little plumpuppets are fairies of beds;
they have nothing to do but to watch sleepyheads;
they turn down the sheets and they tuck you in tight,
and they dance on your pillow to wish you good night!

no matter what troubles have bothered the day,
though your doll broke her arm or the pup ran away;
though your handies are black with the ink that was spilt--
plumpuppets are waiting in blanket and quilt.

if your pillow is lumpy, or hot, thin, and flat,
the little plumpuppets know just what they're at:
they plump up the pillow, all soft, cool, and fat--
the little plumpuppets plump-up it!
Pinned Imagesource
night night.

-kiss kiss kiss, hug tassles-
{pea ess: mister inspiration is on vacation, i apologize.}

19 comments :

  1. this is so sweet.

    xo.
    p.s. posting on inspiration soon. probably thursday. hopefully he'll be back by then, but if not, maybe that will help you find him ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh.my.goodness. So adorably awesome :) I love it!

    Abbie /// XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, loved the pee ess. that poem was pretty cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that poem! It's very cute. I wish I had a Plumpuppet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are no words that explain how much I love this. Being that you are uninspired, your writing is just as beautiful and inspiring. Dear, your writing is just gorgeous and you use the perfect words. Seriously. :)))


    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cute poem! ♥ I am getting more into the reading of poems lately... Now everytime I can't sleep, or maybe if I am drifting off to sleep, I think I may think of the little Plumpuppets. (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. That poem is so adorable. Its, yes, childish, but makes you smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. aw I ♥♥♥ it! :) so sweet and original!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful and smile bringing,as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I CANNOT TELL YOU HOW MUCH I LOVE THIS.
    First, you need to publish the poem.
    Second, I need to get married.
    Third, I need to have kids.
    Fourth, I'll read this poem to my kids for bedtime.

    Yesyesyes. Ingenious me. I think we all ought to do it. Simply four steps, dearhearts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've just been awarded on my blog!

    http://beautifulblankpages.blogspot.com/2012/01/irresistibly-sweet-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. oooohhh. silly me - i should have known you didn't write it, it said christopher morley near it.

    NEVERTHELESS, i'm so glad you shared it with us. cutest poem evahhh.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey,

    It's iGirl here. I know I haven't commented on your blog very much, but I just wanted to let you know that I'm leaving blogging. I've enjoyed reading your posts and I'll miss you A LOT, you are really a special girl and you have such a sparkle that God has given you. Keep up the good work :). I'm sorry for the unfollow :(.

    Much Love,
    iGirl/Dani

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!! haha! :D I love it! :) <3

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...