1.19.2012

in my sleep

Pinned Image
imagine yourself in a house that looks like that of your grandmother's. only your best friends live inside. imagine a sunroom and an upstairs full of games. the air is somewhat foggy, but adds to the beauty.

would you like some macarons? and suddenly in front of you is a small box. four spheres layered with various fillings are inside. each a different color. any color you like. and so i take a bite. and so do my three best friends, who are there with me. it sinks into our teeth and the sweetness makes our eyelashes flutter.

mmm... we devour them quickly instead of cherishing that every bite that we probably should have. and then we walk downstairs and retreat to the sunroom. you see, i've had macarons before, as a birthday gift from my aunt in california. they were dark and decadent and sprinkled with edible gold. i have a thing for foreign foods. there's something about eating them that makes me feel so exotic. like i'm in a euphoria of flavors and spices.

last night this is what i dreamed of. after the sunroom we went into the adjoining bedroom and sat on the navy-striped comforter looking through parisian perfume bottles and boxes full of charms. probably the best dream i've had in a long time.

what dreams have you been having recently?
-kiss kiss kiss, hug a clamp-

{postscriptive: today i got a comment requesting that i not do "pee ess" anymore, because it sounded a bit immature + you guys already know what p.s. sounds like. so, turn your attention to the sidebar where i have made a poll to keep or not keep "pee ess" and for now, i'll be doing "postscriptives" which happen to sound really cool.}
{post postscriptive: the giveaways are coming soon! being excited! :)}
{pee ess: i'm sorry, i just can't stop doing these. it may sound weird, and kind of gross, but i like them. if you don't, then le sigh. it's just a little quirk of mine. also, the "pee ess" wasn't exactly my idea. i originally saw it on olivia's blog and kind of liked it. so, why not? i'm off to eat, because i'm starving.}

24 comments :

  1. This was absolutely lovely. :)) Aren't dreams wonderful?

    ReplyDelete
  2. soooo, i TOTALLY love this dream!! (=

    alsoo, im EXCITED for the giveawayy!! :D and pee. ess. i voted on the poll (;

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had quite the lovely dream last night as well. Anyways, just wanted to let you know...I'M ALIVE! And I'm blogging again!

    Best wishes, love
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dream was lovely. Hey, I like your PEE ESS! I think it's part of your blog's charm :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had so many dreams last night but I can barely two of them. I love the pee ess-es too! I always thought they were so fun and unique to you :)

    Lovelovelove,

    Abbie /// XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love you and your blog! And you should totally keep the “pee ess" it's part of you, one of the quirks about your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dream sounds amazing! Mine have been really weird lately...
    On another note- please please keep Pee-ess-ing, it's sooo cute and it's you all over! You've totally got me going "Peeee esss" whenever I type ps now! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I sure love it when I have a good dream, and then I actually remember it. (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should keep the pee ess! They're part of what makes your blog special! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh macarons...mmmmm...I've always wanted to try some! Pee ess: you should keep it. It's one of things that makes your blog original and being original is a big part of being a good blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. no no no! you must keep the pee ess. plus i've stolen it a few times because it's just awesome like that :)
    also AAAH jocee i had my laptop volume turned all the way up for some reason and then your blog loaded in another tab and the music almost gave me a heart attack. it's one of my favorite songs, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nah! I love your pee. ess.! By the way, I tagged you -- http://dezzysblogerificblog.blogspot.com/2012/01/11-odds-11-answers-11-questions.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't know you, and you don't know me, but you're originality has brought out a side of me that hasn't surfaced in a long time. Over the course of 5 years, I changed myself to be more like "common society." But since finding your blog, I've somehow changed. I've become more like the person I used to be; the one I'd tried to change. Maybe this all sounds totally insane, but I just thought you'd like to know what your simple,fresh,loveable uniqueness has done for me. Thank you Jocee :D

    ☼.S.☼

    PS: please keep your version of "postscript" :D it suits this blog's theme.

    ReplyDelete
  14. :D oh, thank you! :) you are as well. :D lol

    God Bless,
    ☼Sydney☼

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jocee!! Don't change your pee esses!! The are a part of your lovely Texas self! :)

    And that was one of the most lovely posts that I have ever read. And now I feel compelled to have a macaroon.

    -Ryan♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my. This is just too gorgeous.

    KEEP with the pee ess. I've stolen that idea a few times, and all have to say that pee ess's are rad.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is my dream dream......
    Pee ess don't stop the pee ess

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a beautiful post. A lovely dream by the way. I wish I could have had that dream. The dreams that I have are usually inexplicable and weird. :)

    P.S
    I don't mind the pee ess. :) Keep it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really need to eat a macaroon. I need to know where to buy them!

    :)

    -Ryan♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. I had a dream last night about a girl helping a little girl with her dollhouse and find her Dad. we were running around Hamilition and a girl from my school looked like she was getting arrested. It was a weird dream. P.S. LOVE your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ahhh, this post is lovely. I think I've had a macroon once at the public market, but I forget the taste. I really love how beautiful and delicate they look. I wanted to make one for my Christmas cookie party last year, but my mom told me it was wayyyy to hard to attempt at the moment. But I'll make them some day. It's on my 15 before 15 list. (;

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...