1.22.2012

iridescent

unfortunately, my life makes me cry sometimes. because sometimes, everything that i am carrying hurts my shoulders too much. in an effort to make somethings better, a few words can make it worse. i thought it was going to do well today. i think i did pretty well. but my hopes were torn down, and what he doesn't realize is it's more than wanting to or not. i know you can't understand most of what i'm saying, but it doesn't matter, because i'm going to let it go. 
We live, we lose, we let go.
Check out www.modern-blog.tumblr.com and www.stealingstatues.tumblr.com
do you feel cold and lost in desperation? 
you build up hope but failure's all you've known
remember all the sadness and frustration

because sometimes, boys are stupid. girls are bored. sometimes we choke underwater and sometimes there's no way to save yourself. sometimes our authorities get mad at us and we cry. sometimes best laid plans don't go smoothly. sometimes cake is burned, dishes aren't washed, and we grumble. assumptions are mae, hot words are said, and doors slam. but you know what? we don't have to hold that against ourselves, because God's there to take the weight off our shoulders.

remember all the sadness and frustration
and let it go. let it go.

today, i finally ordered all the books i wanted to read from the library {hunger games, the fault in our stars, etc}. project planning is going a bit differently than expected, but all is still well. when i'm sad i am going to smile anyway; start following my own advice.

currently:: iridescent // safe & sound
-kiss kiss kiss, hug pom~pom-
{pea ess: alot of this was in reference to my swim meet.}

13 comments :

  1. ugh, yes. sometimes all it takes is a word amiss, a cold glance, a biting action, to turn a day good to bad. sometimes you don't even know what it is. sometimes our heads get ducked underwater by the weight that's on our shoulders, and we can't breathe until we push that weight off. all the time God can take care of that if you wholeheartedly let him.thank you for posting this, i feel you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Joce, I love this post. A lot of times I have such a hard time letting go, and sometimes I feel like there is no one out there who will understand me or listen to what my heart is beating: this is me, can't you see me? Don't you get that I'm a person too, and maybe I actually have feelings? Why can't you see that this is who I am, whether you like it or not? But God gets me all the time. And as Psalm 68:19 says:

    Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't really know what to say because this is so well written, and the other two comments already said it all for the most part. This is true, and beautiful. Simple as that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i feel like i learn something new everytime i read your posts. it's true, everything you've said. iridescent... i had never heard that before. thanks for sharing... and i hope things get better soon :)

    xoxo,
    Jessica
    Diary of a Beautiful Soul

    ReplyDelete
  5. So poignant, and, well.... incredible. Almost brings me to tears. Your words inspire & encourage. And I love this blog (and you) for that.

    Lovelovelove,

    Abbie /// xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog is ADOREBLE!! I just thought i would let you know girl!! :D best wishes! maybe check my blog out? crescendo-dreamsicle.blogspot.com <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. so true. I love that drawing. hang in there, girl!
    I <3 safe and sound so much, I have listened to it about a billion times.
    xo,
    Lou

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, I am so sorry dear. I hate these kind of days. Your writing is beautiful as always! You have such a gift for writing. Seriously. I am quite excited to see this project of yours. :))

    Cindi

    P.S. Thank you for your sweet comment. It made me quite happy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're such an honest blogger, Jocee. It's quite admirable.
    I too have been feeling a bit down, but hearing this reminded me that God is always at my side, and I can just let it go.

    Have a great day, dear:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry :( I hope things start going well! And I hope you start to feel better very soon. ::hugs::
    I cried last night for the first time in a while..Im so glad that one of my best friends (Wes) was there for me :')

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sorry life is being so hard on you right now. You know what this post reminds me of? Let it go by Tenth Avenue North. ... Tenth Avenue North is my favorite band ever. Have you ever listened to them? Cause you need too. (:

    ReplyDelete
  12. Darling, you know you can e-mail me when you're feeling like this? I really don't mind. After all you've done for me, it's least I can do to repay you. Life's been hard on me too. But God loves you, always remember that. Also, listen to Hayley. Go listen to Tenth Avenue North. Talk to some people. Don't let life bring you down for too long. I've had those experiences, hon. Smile. You've got people who love and care for you, and when all else fails, a God who you can pray to.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh boy, do I know how things can go wrong at swim meets.
    hope things are going better now! i'm catching up on old blog posts, in case you haven't realized by my multitude of comments :)

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...