1.21.2012

there's always a first time

the night before a swim meet holds many emotions. atleast, it does for me. there is such a rush of adrenaline, and i cannot begin to write down the words for all the things i experience in routine. last night, i nestled in bed after spending time with mommy, and and opened up the first of the original elsie dinsmore series. i'd finished an agatha christie novel the night before, and i was searching for something new to read. i hadn't read the original elsie's before, so now was as good a time as any. 
i try not to think of the day ahead. but when you're told not to think about something, you automatically think about it. it doesn't work. i finally set down the novel and cower under the covers, hoping no one will see me the following morning. i immediately fall asleep, and the find myself awake again at one 'o' clock in the morning. unfortunately, this happens when i am nervous. i awake every hour, counting how many more i have until the moment comes when i must stumble out of bed and get ready for the hours ahead. this continues until eight 'o' clock. and so it begins.

my first swim meet of 2012 was held today. i do swim again tomorrow, but for now, i'll live in the moment. it wasn't necessarily a good start to things, but as time goes on i am hoping that won't always be the case. right now i am sitting at my newly organized school desk. the golden hour will be upon us soon, oh comely mag's playlist is sounding in the background, and i'm thinking of baking some apple crisp. good-day, everyone.

-kiss kiss kiss, hug the parka-
{pea ess: i can't let go of these. i'll probably alternate between this and postscriptives, but this is a little quirk that i just can't seem to leave in the dark, you know? i apologize if i disappointed some of you, i do not mean to offend anyone in the littlest possible way.}
{pea pea ess: giveaways. projects. blackout newspaper poems. oh my! :)}

7 comments :

  1. I do that too. When I'm excited about the next day, I wake up every hour on the hour.

    PEE ESS: Yay! Be yourself, girl. You aren't popular for nothing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean!! I have done that before. What did you swim?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do the same when I'm nervous- wake every hour. It's torture. Beautiful picture, and I hope you have a great time tomorrow. (: <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh em gee!! Have you found anyone else for your giveaway yet?

    I hope it works out well! Just email me when you are ready for me to send the "thing" :)

    Heehee ;)

    -Ryan♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you'll do fabulous at your meet :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh, guess what? I'm joining the swim team for my high school this August... I am so pumped, and yet super nervous. I heard it is a super hard sport, and I'm not a sport-person AT ALL. Wish me luckkkk. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. you described this perfectly! the only reason I like school swim team vs. regular year-round is we have meets in the afternoons. so i have time for extra attempts at sleep.
    did you take that picture? it's really pretty!

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...