2.05.2012

this is my utopia.

ordinary: |ˈôrdnˌerē| adjectivewith no special or distinctive features; normal: he sets out to depict ordinary people | it was just an ordinary evening• uninteresting; commonplace: ordinary items of everyday wear.
sometimes, i get tired of the fact that blogging is made up to be a veil of true, real life. some people make up their blogs to make it seem like their life is extra special, when in reality, they are just as normal as the rest of us. i want the veil to be removed. i want to show you what you're missing. and, we did. that project that we've been hinting about for a month? here it is. 

presenting to you: an ordinary utopia.

this is our life. our ordinary life that is made beautiful by the little things we do. i don't craft much. i don't cook exotic foods every night for my family. i don't live in a vintage house with creaking floorboards and secret passages. it's just me. jocee. my life doesn't measure up to those of the really big bloggers out there. i know that yours may not either. but that's okay, because i have my own utopia. jocee-topia, if you will. 


megan, abby, lindsey, gracie, hayley and i are pleased to show you what it's like from our corners of the world. come on over and curl up on the couch with your favorite pillowpet. be yourself. because that's what you're best at.

-kiss kiss kiss, just dance-

{pea ess: i have springed.}

16 comments :

  1. ah. I absolutely love your description. It's the same thing that has been on my mind the past few days! especially this part: "i don't craft much. i don't cook exotic foods every night for my family. i don't live in a vintage house with creaking floorboards and secret passages. it's just me. jocee. my life doesn't measure up to those of the really big bloggers out there."
    excited about your project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how thrilling!! can't wait. life isn't all puppies and daffodils, it's broken china and rose thorns too. woah, that was random. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. i saw it this morning! so exciting. seriously, my favorite bloggers all just teamed up. dancing♪

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post is so lovely! I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was reading through, and it looks great! And a secret -- I just moved into a house almost 200 years old -- creaky floorboards are NOT anything great at all. And we have two staircases almost like secret passages -- yeah, they're not all that either. Just so ya know, those people are making it up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with this! I followed the blog, and I am excited about this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY! I'll hope on over and check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah! I completely acquiesce. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. so exciting! besides, life doesn't have to be extravagant to be lovely.(:

    -Oriana

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, to the second power times five. So excited. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! I lurvvv it, dearest!<3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm totally in love with everything you girls have done with AOU. I loved that line "my life doesn't measure up to those of the really big bloggers out there." this is so true! So many bloggers think that they have to be like those people, but in reality, those big bloggers are humans to, with imperfect lives. What makes your blog, your blog is YOU. Your life. Your stories. And I'm all for people who promote that. Can't wait to see all the loveliness that is to come! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow. thank you :) already, even as a practically brand-new blogger, i've already tried way too hard to be that interesting writer that everyone loves to read posts from. thanks for the encouragement to just be me. i really did need it :)

    ☼Sydney☼

    ReplyDelete
  14. really beautiful idea and blog you girls have come up with! looking forward to seeing what you come up with...
    ~Holly
    http://rosesandbluebells98.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...