5.28.2012

it's been a nice weekend.

yesterday: it started with meeting a friend for the first time. a blogger friend. i told her a few weeks back i was going to travel to meet my grandparents, and since they live in the same town, we decided to meet at forever21 to chat and act like teenage girls whose goal in life was marry justin bieber {this is a hypothetical scenario, mind you}. we were so nervous at first; i was shaking and looking for her face every minute, and once we got there and we hugged {i impaled her poor tummy with my camera twice} it was as though we knew each other all along. technology is nice, no?

i bought clothes and we both bought ice cream and discussed the book we're writing {details before the rapture, promise}, and made a very pointless vlog that we're sharing with you soon.

today: i woke up late, if you count 9:18am as late because i do, to the smell of meat sizzling in the oven and barbecue sauce heating through the open windows. the morning was lazy, spent lounging about on the couch and checking emails and begging for ribs and potato salad, and a small lesson of square dancing for the grandparents. i played with grandaddy's ever-so lovely film camera and sifted through his records, took some photos. thank God the day isn't over yet, because i plan to make myself a sundae and watch some downton abbey.

but, dears, whilst you are enjoying yourselves in relaxation, remember those who couldn't spare a moment to catch their breath while fighting for the safety of our fellow Americans. if you're wondering about my speech, it's all downton's fault. that show is good, really good. matthew and mary forever!

-kiss kiss kiss, retaliation-
{pea ess: photo-less, i know, but blogger is being rude and saying i've reached my photo data limit. help, or i'll die and be of no use to tabbey cat. and no, you weren't supposed to understand that reference. although i'm sure captain america does.}

21 comments :

  1. Blogger is mean to me, too. So, what you do is go onto Picasa, where all of your photos are stored. The TERRIBLE thing is, you're going to have to delete some of them, or buy more space. I'm most likely buying some more space soon, I hate deleting things that matter to me. :(

    ~Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait until season 2 of Downton Abbey is on Netflix so I can watch it again. Oh, my. I do love that show.

    And also, Jocee, I watched the Avengers today. Captain America. <3 Also I thought of you whenever Loki came on. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I too thought of you whenever Loki came up. good grief, I never fangirled until evens and hiddleston came into my movie viewing life.

      Delete
  3. that sounds SO fun! :)
    and yes... Downton Abbey = so amazing!
    Do you upload your photos straight to blogger, or do you host them on photobucket/imageshack/another site? if you upload them to blogger try uploading to photobucket instead. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to meet a blogger friend very much, it sounds like fun!

    And Blogger can be quite rude sometimes, so I would suggest uploading to photobucket. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, that sounds annoying Jocee. I've heard of the dreaded photo data limit, but I wasn't sure if it was true.
      I second Hayley. Try getting a photobucket/imgur or use your Google account to set up one on Picasa Photo Albums. :)

      Delete
  5. thats awesome!
    I had the same problem! so i bought more storage but now this picture sizes are different. =/ people keep saying photo bucket. i wish i had that advice when i didn't know what to do! I hope you get it figured out soon and if you do, lemme know what you did!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so the thing is I haven't seen Downton Abbey season two because they won't put it on netflix. sad, sad, sad.
    and I hate not having enough space for my photos. I've gotta pay $25 out of my own pocket just to store pictures on my blog. sad again.
    but this weekend was happy, so it's okay.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i LOVED this post so much! who cares about photos, when you make it so interesting, witty and amusing to read!
    thanks jocee for being you. couldn't ask for anthing else! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. YOU GOT TO MEET AUDREY?!?!?!? Ever loving GOSHBUBBLES!!! Dang it. Y'all should've texted me so I could've said a squeaky "Hi".

    ReplyDelete
  9. was it Gracie????? oh gosh how fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, oops. people, clearly i didn't click the link "blogger friend"

      Delete
  10. Sounds like you had an awesome time Jocee!

    Hannah
    thewritingsofhannah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. i want to meet several of my blogging friends. i think what we need to do is gather at a blogger's convention, or something. the question is... where do we have it?

    also, i have no clue about the picture thing. sounds dreadful :\

    ReplyDelete
  12. how fun! so glad you two had fun, gorgeous! <3

    miss our chats...vanilla bean makes me sleepy! =p but i am gracing your beautiful bloggy corner to tell you that i think you are the bee's knees. <3

    oh, and i loves you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's awesome! By the way, I awarded you! :) Check it out here: http://footprintsonthe-moon.blogspot.ca/2012/05/from-kreativ-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is super great! Meeting someone that you've been good friends with online is such a joy, glad you guys had a great time xx
    -Jianine

    ReplyDelete
  15. this post is good. like, really really good. (just saying...:)
    also, you better put that vlog up soon. i'm panting at the screen like a dog waiting for its ball. (if that makes ANY sense!)

    DO NOT worry about the photo limit/space... just go buy some more room - that's what I did - it's supersuper easy with no hastle or anything. if you have a paypal you can use that. if not, then you'll have to have your dad type in his credit card number and you could just pay him out of your wallet (what i ended up doing). why did i just say that, however? - it was pretty much unnecessary. anyway, that's just me.

    random thought: i NEED to send you a vlog. exclusively for you, from me. (my parents still have to decide whether or not they want me to post pictures of myself.) okay? OKAY.

    - kiss kiss kiss, hug jocee -

    acacia

    ReplyDelete
  16. ps 9:18 is... unspeakably late to wake up. #twintheory #ohohohmygosh

    ReplyDelete
  17. SUPER FUN!!! I would LOVE to meet some of my blogger friends / online friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. okay, please don't pay anybody for anything regarding pictures- if every blogger did that we'd all be bankrupt and picasa would be a lot richer than they are now. just upload your pictures to photobucket/flickr and then add them via URL on the "insert image" on your blogger editor. yeah, life just got a whole lot simpler and cheaper. jk jk. but anywho, you got to meet a bloggy friend?! so totally jealous. but glad that you had a great weekend. <3

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...