5.30.2012

moments with mommy, v.vii

mystery tree.
sunset.
we were sitting at grandma's house on monday, watching the basketball game or something of the sort, when mommy decided to tell me a story.

Mom: jocelyn, i'm going to tell you something, and i sure do hope it doesn't happen to you, but i want you to know anyways.
Me: oh Lord, please let it not have something to do with the Cosby Show.
Mom: the night after i gave birth to you, i was in the hospital resting. i was so, so tired, and i didn't feel like doing much of anything but sleeping. so i was resting, and i was awoken by this whining sound. and i said to myself, "what was that?" and i looked over, and there was a baby next to me. so i'm looking at it, and i say, "oh my, someone had a baby!" and then i realized it was you. 
Me: you forgot you gave birth to me? i feel so loved. 
Mom: i know your grandmother teases you about forgetting things, but if you want to forget something significant, then forget that you had your own baby. but you forget, i like, just had you, so i was delusional. i was in labor for thirty-six hours, you know. 
Me: but i turned out good! 
Mom: that's... debatable. no, i'm kidding. love you, jocee!

at least, i hope so. but seriously, you guys, she forgot i was born. that is so. awkward.
-kiss kiss kiss, teenage alzheimer's-
{pea ess: fixed the photo issue. thank you, abby!}

18 comments :

  1. You made me laugh out loud! Your mom sounds awesome, even though she forgot she had a daughter.:]


    http://jumping4jesus.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! that's hilarious. gosh, I can see myself doing that one day. yikes.
    p.s.
    yo welcome, awesome person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "i feel so loved..."

    you make my day, jocee. seriously. i'm so glad you were born.

    abbie /// xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. bahaha! Wow, this is kind of funny. Actually, this is weird because my mom JUST told me a story yesterday about when I was born. Apparently right after I came into the world, she almost bled to death so they had to take me away for a few hours and she didn't attach to me for like a long time. It really made me feel loved. ;P haha just kidding, but I hope you feel loved!

    xx.
    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL. that's hilarious. so sorry, jocee. (;

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha your mom is a dear! she can maybe forget things, which is normal...but that was quite awkward, haha! love the photos xx
    -jianine
    http://definitelyscreaming.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. hehehe that is seriously hilarious. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol!!! This is so funny Jocee!

    Hannah
    thewritingsofhannah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahahahaha can I please meet your mom?

    ReplyDelete
  10. ahahaha!! ohmygosh Jocee that's hilarious! XD ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh wow. that is helarious. and your mum is awesome as usual! love these posts with your mummy : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Why does that sound exactly like something I'd do? Got to love the honesty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is so funny :) i love all these moments with mommy posts - your mother sounds awesome.
    and glad you got the photo thing fixed :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. ohmygoodness, i'm sorry, but that is HILARIOUS!! your mom sounds like a ham, ya know, like a comedian, not... like... a ham... :)

    love,
    manda
    http://meandjesus-amanda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. awkward, funny, a little disappointing... i'm sorry for you and i'm laughing, jocee!

    ReplyDelete
  16. ohmystars!! I'm dying laughing!

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...