5.26.2012

on skinning moles and six word stories.

if you'll excuse the poor image quality, i have a little story for you.

i recently got a question from formspring on if i am an introverted or extroverted person. the summary is, it generally depends on my mood, but i find myself much more at ease with a good book, hot drink, and some classical music. parties are fun and all that {and occasionally the bag of chips}, but being alone, reading, writing, composing, is how i wind myself down.

i've come to realize it's easier for me to write my words as opposed to saying them. when i'm with my friends or any person, i find i can't explain myself as well as i want to, and if i had the opportunity to write it down, i'd be much more understood. i'd be respected, actually. in saying that, there are thoughts that i want to let out, but i don't have the courage to. when i am happy, i write. when i am sad, i write. when i am angry, i write. and when i am experiencing an emotion of an in-between status, i write.

it's always been fascinating to me; words. i love the way one can fashion their sentences, and make the most ordinary things spectacularly profound. i've always want to do that, and i find that i am working my way there, whether with the written word, or in my music.

so now that i bought my moleskines {because my mother, though she didn't want to, drove me to university to pick up a set}, i've been getting used to curating the things that i want to remember when i grow older. in some cases, i am all for conserving space, so i have looked to six word stories as a way to consolidate my words without losing the target of what i'm trying to say. here are a few:

for some reason, with these stories, i feel like i'm penetrating into an area of my life that i thought didn't exist. the first one describes me, inevitably, eminently, and it describes my hope that it will change. it has to change. the tenth is just truth. and the others? various things that have occupied my mind as of late. so i have a project for you. write. write six word stories, tell me the ones that describe you, that are for you. in a post, in a comment, or send me your moleskine even, because Lord knows i love them. write for the things you wish you could explain out loud, write as if the world is yours to control. and it is. you just have to penn it.

-kiss kiss kiss, doitdoitdoit-
{pea ess: thank you all so much for your words of kindness on that last post. you don't know how much they meant to me, and i found myself responding to them out loud! seriously, my family was asking me why i was spazzing out. but anyway, thank you.}

16 comments :

  1. Those six word stories are just wonderful! And no problem, you deserved that xx
    -Jianine

    ReplyDelete
  2. -your moleskin looks so utterly amazing. i want to start pasting pictures in my journal.
    -i like collecting things to be able to look back on when i'm older too. i actually find myself thinking about that a lot. lol.
    -your six word stories are wonderful.
    -you're so cool.
    -THAT PICTURE IS THE BEES KNEES!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. six word stories are just fascinating to me. this is loverly, jocee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those little stories, I will try to write some.
    What's a moleskin??? Is it journal or something??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A moleskine is a leather-bound, simple and sturdy journal for the creative. (and I'm sure you're creative, so you ought to get one!) http://www.moleskine.com/
      :)

      Delete
  5. here is my six word story;
    God is good to her, always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel ya sis. I hate Speach classes, because even though I am gifted with the knowledge of words, I fumble like an idiot when I try talking. I'd much rather write some else a magnificent Speach, and listen to them proclaim it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. amazing times 8798097568766 to the nineteenth power. (yeah, you're six-word-stories rock the world.)

    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's really cool! I'll have to try writing some of those six word stories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love #10 - and six-word stories are the best! yours are especially impressive because I've tried before and I know how hard they are to write. probably the best one I came up with was "six words is simply not enough." haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here are four six word stories:
    Souseiseki died by Suigintou's hand touch
    Kanaria is afraid of poisous cookies.
    Shinku extremly loves Detective Kun Kun
    The cupcake dictionary is totally amazing!

    How are these examples?
    Love this post!
    =^..^= Hunteress =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  11. So, yah, that second paragraph is basically me in seven sentences. I know exactly how you feel!
    p.s. LOVE your creativity in this post! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That was wonderful! Thank you for the idea and for your beautiful words (and the photo that is actually quite lovely!). :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. you are an amazing writer, jocee! six word sentences are always a challenge for me, but are so much fun. :)

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...