8.07.2012

dear august,

please love me.
dear august,
i generally don't ask for things like this.
and i know it's somewhat late in getting to you,
but i wanted to let you know how i feel.
i've been a bit nervous about you coming around.
what with the possibility that i might go back to swimming,
and community college starting and such,
i wanted to avoid you as much as i possibly could.
but now that you're here, you don't seem all bad,
so maybe it was in vain; all those thoughts i had about you before.
i like your cool, crisp mornings;
the tree branches flailing about in a frenzy of invisible air;
your subtle hints that autumn is coming soon;
the opportunities that bring old friends together
for one last time before school starts.
i like the laze in the sunshine that carries over from july at sunset,
casting a glow on the palette sky before one more day goes to rest.
and i hope i'm not too selfish in asking, dear august,
if you would love me?
because i love you bunches.

-kiss kiss kiss, 'ello puppet-
{pea ess: did anyone see the tfios reference? hint; it's in the picture.}
{pea pea ess: as inspired by this.}

15 comments :

  1. Great poem~ Yes, I did see it: Augustus, correct? Was I not supposed to say that...?
    ~Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear jocee,

    please start swimming up again. (you'll be so glad you did: after all, all you needed was the break you've just had.)

    ''i like your cool, crisp mornings;
    the tree branches flailing about in a frenzy of invisible air;'' (Can I marry your writing? I kid, I kid... but, seriously: Your. Writing. Is. Just. Amazing.

    I love your posts. That's all.

    xx, acacia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this. :) And your blog is very lovely, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dearly want August to love me, too. Such a lovely post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your letter to August, this is a cool idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this was generally amazing, even without the tfios reference. which rocked my socks off, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesomesauce, Joce! Yeah, I caught the reference;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your words are beautiful and so is that picture! Wonderful letter x

    ReplyDelete
  9. August just keeps reminding me of my first year of high school coming up. *biting nails*

    ReplyDelete
  10. ahhh, just perfect. i love august because it means spring is on the way!! it makes me so happy...i've had enough of cold wintery weather! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. hehe the moment i saw the August(us) I was like "THE FAULT IN OUR STARS REFERENCE OMG"

    loved that book.

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...