9.17.2012

another one of those cliche posts about how much i love autumn.

tremble.
words from the right page are penned from the short story el confessor in a volume of catch.
scanned from my moleskine, this is what i look forward to every year. i've probably said it countless times before, but where i come from [texas], it's mostly spring and summer. i love it when the clouds veil the sun and the air smells of ozone, and when the winds argue and pull the trees back and forth, and when the leaves pull away from trees with the snap of a fresh picked apple, and when thor makes the thunder [i've seen the avengers too many times] and the clouds start to cry. i would comfort their tears, but i like them. i like being cold and pulling my sweater around my front. i like covering my head with newspapers and old notebooks to keep me from getting soaked and thus getting a cold. i like hot drinks that make my nose tingle and the smell of gingerbread that says winter is almost here [yay Christmas!]. i like it all. 

so welcome home, autumn. you've been missed.
-kiss kiss kiss, and ignite your bones-

17 comments :

  1. "When I fell in love with you, it was not for the traditional reasons, although of course you were attractive. In that moment, I trembled under the weight of your beauty."

    You're gonna be famous, you know that?
    This entire post is so gorgeous, I just have to keep reading it over and over. I should be last-minute studying for my class in an hour or two. But who cares. JOCEE JUST POSTED.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha, thanks, darling. although those words on the right page of the moleskine aren't mine. they came from a passage in a short story called "el confessor" from this book called "catch" that i was sent that showcases a lot of young writers' works. isn't it great? that's exactly how i feel about him.

      now. go study! ;)

      Delete
    2. Like really.. WHO CARES ABOUT SCHOOL. JOCEE. JUST. POSTED.
      DUH.

      That quote up there.. is magical. Perfect.

      Delete
  2. You can never watch Thor too many times.. What're you saying!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tears. This is actually, like, really amazing. And totally cliche, but who cares? Most cliches are true for a reason. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes. Everything about this post from now til infinity is perfect. I'm trying to start journaling... do you have any tips? Because I'm stuck at abusing the stapler while attaching pics of internet friends I've met and feeling like crying. It's a vicious cycle. Like that of meeting internet friends. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gersh, jocee. this.is.lovely. i really can't wait for autumn to really begin now and i love your beauty-making skills. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. you should give proper credit from the story ''el confessor''... just thought I'd say.. :)

    lovely post -- you're very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't mind me as I envy your careful word selection. You make short posts so amazing. Gosh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. your moleskine is ridiculously gorgeous. like, it's going on tumblr right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. gah, your moleskin is most epic. seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is just so perfect. + your moleskin is like, what i want my poetry book to look like. c:

    ReplyDelete
  11. okay, um, THIS post. you are quite good at writing beautiful stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute! We could all do countless posts on the subject of autumn, couldn't we? (I'm thinking about doing one again)

    p.s How can I get my post title and post date centered at the top of all my blog posts? I've been trying to figure it out but can't manage to. *HELP!*

    ~Kate @ in pursuit

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gah, your talent is blinding me. Utterly amazing.
    That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely. Beautiful. Inspiring. And that journal page? Perfect.

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...