9.21.2012

blessed by the last hurrah.

Photobucket
original photo // typography by me // lyrics from summer again by the afters
i was mentally kicking myself for not bringing my camera with me last night. the sky was like a dream; pink and blue melting into a pot of magenta where the sun kissed the water somewhere far away. the clouds looks like they were made of cotton candy, and the air smelled like banana bread (no joke), and i felt hopeful for the coming fall. 


see here, since everyone's been excited about fall being here, i forgot about the actual solstice. summer was begging to be remembered while fall was being celebrated, and though it was not premature, summer wanted to take its final bow. and it really did last night.

last night was the night where rachel gave me a stack of notebook paper and said, "merry Christmas."
last night was the night where mom took me to an impromptu showing of the avengers at the dollar theatre (this film, i like it. another!). 
last night was the night that i realised God is very organized and pieces events and people together perfectly. 
last night was the night i realised He still knows me; He remembers me; He never forgot me. 
last night was the night mom said she was going to pray for me because i was loki-crazy (#ehehe #youmad #idowhatiwant #kneel).
last night was the night i giggle-snorted incessantly in front of my whole church.
last night was the night i actually wanted to learn to drive. 
last night was the night where i realised no one can stop me.
last night was the night where i mouthed the avengers line-for-line in my seat (i really like that movie, okay?) 
last night was the night that i considered hitting myself on the head with a sledgehammer so morning could come faster. 

last night was the night where summer took it's bow. a standing ovation. roses thrown and kisses blown, summer gave us its last hurrah. and what a glorious hurrah it was. 
seriously, though, i am so, so blessed. i can't even begin to explain. and i can't really say much now, but  i can't wait for 2015. gosh, you guys. God is so good. (#fangirling)


so here's to Him and the last hurrah. and now: for pumpkin spice lattes. 
-kiss kiss kiss, i remember when-

21 comments :

  1. I'll join your mom in prayer! Hahaha
    Summer summer never leaves over here, but its kinda cool how everybody else adjusts and changes with the season :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this post was so cute.

    i like it.

    ANOTHER!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES.

      And also.. guess what guys?

      THERE'S A THOR 2 COMING OUT.

      Delete
  3. and welcome to the dark side -- once you watch the avengers.. you can't stop from watching it over and over.

    also. that thor quote you put in there was brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not the only person in the world who loves "Summer Again" by The Afters?

    /squee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cuuuute post. I myself am realising God's amazing love , and how he has not forgotten me, and he will NEVER forsake me. Very encouraging words. Lokey , oops, LIKEY this post ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously, Jocee. Your posts never fail to make me fall in love.
    I love this post very, very much. <3

    p.s I want to see the Avengers. Is it really as great as you say? :)

    ~Kate @ in pursuit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. everyone should be required to watch the avengers at least a googolplex times. so yeah. it's pretty good. to say the least. ;)

      Delete
  7. I like this post. a lot. :)

    joannadell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another post! Yays!
    I don't really watch movies that often. So movies are 'eh', I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the title of this post. last night sounded lovely. also, you should know your "favorites" page isn't working :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like this post a lot, too. :)
    Lovely-happy post. :P Really.

    God is so good.

    Beth.

    PHOTO CHALLENGE at my blog- http://5-subjectnotebook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Jocee! I haven't seen avengers yet...but IT LOOKS EPIC. hehe. I love the way you write. You're posts are quite enjoyable and judging by all the things you listed off in this post, YOU'RE AWESOME. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. is it bad that with all the talk of the avengers, I have yet to see it? I think so. #pleasedonothurtme

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely lovely lovely. your words--and that typo--are brilliant. avengers 5ever! x - Jianine

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am crazyway in love with this. THANK YOU, Jocee for posting about God. When I read what you had typed 'God is good' I said 'Amennn!' out loud.

    Also, (ermm...), when do we get to find out about your plans for 2015? insert: #slightlycheekgrin I'm SO excited to know all the little details! But of course, if we have to wait to find out then so be it. :)

    loveee you,

    xx acacia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! Love this.

    PUMPKIN SPICE LATTES MAKE FALL WORTH IT!

    wordsfromdusti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Sweet Jocee,
    I was just wandering you were still making my banner? If not that's fine, I totally understand:-)No, pressure! Seriously....

    Love AND hugs,
    Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely blog.
    http://xtheperfectmess.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...