9.28.2012

happenings.

cosmos
+ lately, i've been going to bed late, getting up early, cranking out essays on the imperfections of wal-mart's system, notating rhythms in 9/16 time, graphing inequalities [which no one cares about], watching andrew garfield be inevitably adorable in the amazing spiderman [oh yeah, emma stone was in that, too], eating froot loops with flavoured marshmallows in them, and composing for the 3rd annual texas young composers competition. this is why nutshells were created.

+ like abbey said in her most recent post, words about the weather tend to make their way into a conversation. usually in the first few sentences. as of now, it's drizzling lightly outside, and i can only tell because of the streetlight that they finally fixed. it's the sort of weather where you can open your windows [because it's only drizzling lightly] and let the A/C have a rest for the night, and you can let one of the coverlets down and let the goosebumps come freely. it'll be in the 70's as a high, and hopefully texas will straighten up and fly right and autumn can officially unpack its bags and rest easy.

+ like i said, i've been composing, so things are rather hectic around the house right now. my monday is history [first test week, oh joy], and so is the weekend, so i've been cramming in all sorts of orchestration in the time that's usually spent to breathe. however, i don't mind. composing is fun. but i might disappear. so if i do, you should guest post. anyone?

+ this may not be a nobel prize winning post, and i don't want to bore you, so i'll leave you with a quote. i went to a conference this evening [and met those guys with the world record for shooting basketball hoops at outrageous distances; i think they're called 'dude perfect'] called envision, and i can't tell you how much i was inspired. praying that you're still awake, i leave you with this:
Let your life be like a song. There will be ups and down, but you will always be moving forward. - Ronald Reagan
night night.
-kiss kiss kiss, live like that-

23 comments :

  1. I'd love to guest post for you, missy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. life is crazy, but wonderful. (: thanks for the quote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm awake, even though I shouldn't be.
    I wish it was drizzling outside my window right now. That would be oh so nice.

    Lovely night, Jocee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know why, but I want to cry. Your words are so perfect and that last quote reaalllllyyy fits in with my life right now.

    love you.

    acacia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the quote at the end :) And this is a good post! :)
    Kimmmy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. "graphing inequalities [which no one cares about]" amen sister. this is the gospel truth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heyyy! So, like, you're one of my favorite bloggers, and every post of yours makes me smile. :) Bye now.

    Love,
    Manda
    http://meandjesus-amanda.blogspot.com

    p.s. obsessed with 'more than this' by 1D. anyone else??

    ReplyDelete
  8. some things i'd like to point out:

    1) that photo? GORGEOUS.

    2) your updates make me smile.

    3) OHMYWORD. i just started learning about inequalities and graphing. you mean they're going to morph the two???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1) thank you!
      2) gah. that makes my day.
      3) ...yeah. prepare to cry. i still can't do it.

      Delete
  9. i could send you a guest post and you could decide if you want to put it up or not....even though i don't have a blog. is that allowed?? :)
    bonjourmynameisclaire@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dear jocee, i am so very sorry i gave you an email that doesn't exist. that's what comes of absentmindedness, i suppose. it's a terrible curse.
      my correct email is claireoverthemoon@gmail.com
      i apologize!
      xxoo claire

      Delete
  10. The picture is delightful.
    Do you play violin? I do.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it is so incredibly minty biscuits that you compose. What do you play? And who are some of your favourite composers?

    Inequalities. Because math is basically pointless. ;)

    I would love to guest post for you! If you're interested, just drop me a note at helovesmeblog@gmail.com. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. love that photo. love your thoughts. and I'd really love to hear some of your compositions sometime. (: also I'm up for a guest post if you're desperate...

    ReplyDelete
  13. "THIS IS WHY NUTSHELLS WERE MADE."

    THIS IS WHY YOU'RE AWESOME. and i totally enjoyed this post, dearie. <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post. I like that quote. :)
    It's so funny, I've been wanting to write about Wal-mart's imperfections conspiracy theories on Wal-mart.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi!
    #I absolutely love your blog to bits and I was wondering if you would drop by my blog and tell me what you think? I haven't been blogging very long so I'm not sure...lol.
    I am a new follower by the way!

    http://afairytaleofphotos.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://ebonyblacklines.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. The way to compose your posts and words is so lovely, you're like a natural :)
    lovely image too, missed checking your blog out as much as i used too. Bag blogger i know.

    ReplyDelete
  17. it's ok jocee. your words are wonderful. love ya!

    --keelianne

    ReplyDelete
  18. You sound like me and other college students in that first paragraph! Except the competition. :D Lovely picture!

    ReplyDelete
  19. this was just perfection. glad your life is hectic in a good way right now.
    btw, i'd be happy to guest-post for you darling? email me? xo

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...