11.23.2012

very punny.

this thanksgiving, everyone in the family came down, except for the aunt and uncle, who we only see at Christmas and very special occasions. so it was daddy's parents, and mommy's mom, and we all sat at the dining table and took turns telling each other things that we were thankful for [i'm thankful for food and tom hiddleston this year]. basically, my grandparents are thankful for being alive. specifically, this is what they said. 
  • grandma: "so glad to be on top of the ground instead of having the ground being on top of us!""i'm so glad to be seen and not viewed!" 
  • grandma sugar: "we prayed from the womb to the tomb!" "God willing that the creek don't rise!" "my sheet was not my winding sheet and my bed was not my cooling board!" "there is an alternative to getting old! and it is death. so you better get old, girl!"
  • granddaddy: "it's great to be vertical and not horizontal!"
if you don't understand, i promise you, your grandparents will. incidentally, we laughed over these more than we ate. 
and that is literally impossible with my mom/grandmothers' cooking.
-kiss kiss kiss, holla-

21 comments :

  1. wow, i love your grandparents. am i going to get to meet them, too? xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am VERY thankful for Tom Hiddleston.
    cute post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your grandparents are awesome.
    May I meet them? Please?:)


    http://jumping4jesus.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. your family sounds like so much fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. Basically I'm packing myself up in a suitcase and hitching a ride with a stranger to come to Texas, that's how much I like you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY. Jocee, this made me laugh! Old people can be extrememmmlllly funny, can't they?

    xxx acacia

    ReplyDelete
  7. your family's dialog is sososo cute. :) you're lucky.

    -Carli

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your family is hilarious! Happy Thanksgiving, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree that old people can be very funny. My grandmothers are hilarious. Well, in my opinion, anyways. I haven't seen them for a long time, though. :(
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    ~Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  10. You write so well and your grandparents are great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love this.
    ALSO. I finally watched the Avengers on Thursday (I know, about time) and ohmygosh I am obsessed :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. good to hear that your thanksgiving was ful of laughers

    ReplyDelete
  13. your grandparents are all kinds of awesome, jocee. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my, your grandparents are a trip! too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Heavens above! This is too funny- this sounds so hilariously like my grandparents! It makes me smile :)
    --

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh my golly gosh jocee, your family is darling. this thanksgiving, my aunt put on cinderella for the little kids to watch, and all the adults ended up watching it. my mom was getting really into it. we hadn't watched it in years and she was quoting the whole movie word for word!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have the wittiest, most amusing family members I've ever heard!
    You, my der Jocee, are blessed :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. CRACK.ME.UP. like seriously, your whole family has this legit sense of humor. so instead of just meeting your mom, now i want to meet the grandparents too. to make it easier on you, i'll just come to your next family reunion.

    ReplyDelete
  19. i want to meet your grandparents. serrissly. imma just gonna come over there or somethin.

    ReplyDelete
  20. bahahaha I see where you get your humor from ;)

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...