12.29.2012

an unphilosophical account of what happened this christmas.

untitled
untitled
untitled
kudos to jessica for performing this lovely typog.

i can't really say anything about this Christmas. nothing profound, i mean. i can't be philosophical or any of the things that i'm sure you'd expect from a post like this, but i think that's okay. so i'll just say the real things. we laughed until we spit out our sparkling white grape juice, and then laughed some more. we played temple run on aunt mary's phone and swooned over shiny black boots. i played the piano and looked at pictures of myself playing over 10 years ago (i've progressed from mary had a little lamb, thank you very much). i didn't take many pictures. why? because i was so busy spending time with my family. and with all the hustle and bustle of what we were doing, they would've all come out blurry (but that's okay because i think blurry photos are best sometimes). we made bunches of memories that wouldn't be completely justified by photography. but most of all, we celebrated Jesus, who basically took all the suck on himself to make us suck less. you know when you get a poisonous snake bite and there's venom inside of you that will eventually kill you? well, Jesus was the guy that sucked all the venom out so you would be okay. he became flawed so that i could be flawless.

and that is the most philosophical thing i'm probably going to say today. so that was Christmas. and now, please excuse me, because i think it's about time for me to get dressed.
-kiss kiss kiss, oi watch it spaceman-
{pea ess: who knew ben franklin would make such a great Christmas present?}

17 comments :

  1. girl you always say just the right thing to capture the sweet little things of Christmastime. you keep it real, without fear or shame, and i love you for that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "we celebrated Jesus, who basically took all the suck on himself to make us suck less. you know when you get a poisonous snake bite and there's venom inside of you that will eventually kill you? well, Jesus was the guy that sucked all the venom out so you would be okay. he became flawed so that i could be flawless." That? = amazing. Love it. Love it. Jesus is beautiful. Merry Christmas! So glad you had a good one!!
    -Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. did you seriously get $100????? holy cow!

    glad your Christmas was great!

    Love,
    Manda
    http://meandjesus-amanda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Christmas had secrets too (I like to call the moments that my camera doesn't capture "secrets"). I'm so glad you enjoyed yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who knew...*who's on a $50 bill....thinks* some president whom I should know could make such a great Christmas present? :P

    First picture is awesome. I'm still learning how to take pictures of bokeh...I took a few but I'm sure they were by pure luck...perhaps?

    <3,
    ~Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  6. That first photo is sooo pretty!! And sometimes those Christmas days that are just simple are the most beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful words. I'm glad you had a lovely Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey again; I made a Flickr!!! You have a flickr account, am I correct...? Would you like to tell me your username or would you like to keep it private...?

    Thanks,
    ~Jenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.flickr.com/photos/65507582@N03/
      my username is ialwaysremember :)

      Delete
  9. Ohemgee. I just really love that bokeh shot, a WHOLE lot.

    I got Ben Franklin also for Christmas.. I love him a WHOLE lot. ;)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is absolutely lovely :) what a nice way to spend your christmas, and thank you for reminding us what christmas is really about. merry christmas and happy new year! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so sweet.
    Also, I'm so glad we don't have £100 notes. I would be terrified to have that much money on such a small piece of paper!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this post is SO perfect. i stared at that last picture and read the text over and over and over and over again - the words are SO true + powerful.

    xxx acacia

    PS HEYY. $100. not. fair. what are you going to spend it on? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are hilarious, m'dear, and wonderfully wise. It makes sense and I like this. You make life so vital and valuable, suddenly, with things I'd never have even seen. Love, love, love this!
    --

    ReplyDelete
  14. love love love this. "he became flawed so i could become flawless." fabulous words, friend. :)

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...