2.22.2013

let's make this happen.

first, i'd like to say that i'm perfectly capable of doing what i'm about to ask you to do. it's just that i'm always the one photographing cupcakes and i'd like to see you do it for a change. so here's where the idea came from, and here's what i want to happen:

i always had this idea for my blog design. i've always wanted my cupcake and dictionary photo to be together. not in a collage, i've actually wanted a cupcake to be next to a dictionary, and i've wanted them to be photographed, together. why i haven't hopped on that idea in these two years of cupcake dictionary, i don't even know. but now that i think about it, i think it'd be a good opportunity for you guys (as my readers) to show me your cupcake-making skills. so this is a contest of sorts.

here's what's going to happen. you get to photograph a cupcake and a dictionary together. you can dress it up as much as you like; get creative! you don't even have to make the cupcake; you can buy it from a shop. you can take the photo with your dslr, point + shoot; heck, you can post it to instagram! whichever photo i like best will be my one and only header photo for my new blog design, and you'll be credited for it (obviously). i do have a couple of ground rules, though. i'm sure we can follow those easily, though, yeah?
  • deadline is march 1st 8th 15th.  deadline is whenever i say it is.
  • only one photo per person. i don't care, spam me with cupcake photos!
  • in the dictionary, flip to a word you like and tell me why you chose that word. it can be any word you want (no curse words, please). cupcake, dictionary, nostalgia, anything! but tell me why it's important to you.
  • please link me to the photos using either flickr, photobucket, imgur, or instagram. that way it's easily accessible. feel free to put the link in your comment.
  • have fun! 
so now, i leave you with the above [completely unrelated] gif (because all i want right now is coffee), because not everyone has to put fantasy-like photos in their posts to make them worth reading. or even photos at all. happy weekend!
-kiss kiss kiss, if this is redemption-

15 comments :

  1. as i've said previously, this is totally brills. time to get my baking gloves on. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my entry → http://www.the-alcove.com/2013/03/cupcakes-dictionary-thoughts-on-being.html

      Delete
  2. I would seriously like to enter this. What a lovely idea.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, this idea is wayy to amazing. As Jessica said, it's time to get our baking gloves on (and dictionaries out)! ;)

    xxx Acacia

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great idea Jocee :) If only I could bake ;)
    Kimmy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey, you can use box mix if you have to. ;)

      Delete
  5. I am not creative, but I can't wait to see the outcome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally gonna try to do this! Love the idea. Cupcakes are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. if i were in the states id so do this. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. muhaha.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/imjohannagrace/

    ReplyDelete
  9. wait, did it post? DID IT GO CLICK? http://www.flickr.com/photos/imjohannagrace/

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...