4.19.2013

fiction fridays, part six.

006. an autobiography.
i cannot write cohesively about myself
to save
my life.
i think i write too conventionally;
starting at the beginning and ending at
the end, 
but never in the middle where
everything unfolds.
i like to think i’m an open person, pliable
with a little bit of coaxing. sweet and
to the point, like 
a maraschino cherry.
and yet, like an 
artichoke,
i too have a pit of secrets that 
i unveil like
a disintegrating fog before
closing off again.
(i hate to be
caught in the
spider web of
my vulnerability.)
but when it comes to happy things (see?),
i blush when i’m excited (though my
skin is a rendition of caramel) and
i rebelliously sway my hips during the
cupid shuffle and 
my hobbies include watching cream
flirt with coffee. eyes that are
set ablaze in the morning are
smothered
with the embers of dusk.
i wish to
kiss
my future lover the way starlight composes
the sky:
the innermost city - barely there;
the suburbs - scattered and delicate;
the country - a passionate swell of illumination.
but until 
then, i write from
the middle,
because i’ve already started
at
the
beginning.

finally really getting into writing again. feels good.
-kiss kiss kiss, affirmative-

23 comments :

  1. i just kinda sorta really adore this, honestly. so, so good, jocee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah, I love this so much Jocce! Great writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yah, i think i just died. this is so good. the whole thing. no joke, i'm writing this in my journal so i can go back and read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're good.. at like, everything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh you are just so talented.... "watching cream flirt with coffee" is my most favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. :P :P :P
    I hate you.
    :-)
    WHY must you be SO INCREDIBLY AMAZING GAHHHHHHHH.
    i hate to be
    caught in the
    spider web of
    my vulnerability.

    Really?
    Did you really have to do that?
    I want to come visit you in your creamer flirting with coffee, blazing eyes, maraschino cherry world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AMEN. I'll just be creeping in the corner.. meeheh.

      Delete
    2. HAHA, i love y'all too. <3

      Delete
  7. ooh, this is so good, girl. love this last part:
    "but until
    then, i write from
    the middle,
    because i’ve already started
    at
    the
    beginning."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh. My. Jocee:
    my hobbies include watching cream
    flirt with coffee. eyes that are
    set ablaze in the morning are
    smothered
    with the embers of dusk.


    *hugs* 'Nuff said,
    ~Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  9. writing is good.
    and this was good.
    this was REALLY good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH YES. Jocee is definitely getting into writing again...and the best she's ever been!
    This just might possibl;y be my favourite piece of writing I've read on your blog. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT TO SAY ('cause this is really amazing stuff).

    ReplyDelete
  12. GOOD NESS GRACIOUS ME!
    "i like to think i’m an open person, pliable
    with a little bit of coaxing. sweet and
    to the point, like
    a maraschino cherry.
    and yet, like an
    artichoke,
    i too have a pit of secrets that
    i unveil like
    a disintegrating fog before
    closing off again."

    WHY CAN I NOT WRITE LIKE YOU?
    if i did i think my mum would die of happiness...;)
    #keepupthegoodwork #teachmehow #iwannabuyyourfirstbook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU are the sweetest. go eat a cupcake and dwell in your awesomeness.

      Delete
    2. i don't have any. :( but thank you!
      p.s sorry for the random anon comment, my computer failed..

      Delete
  13. who are you.
    no seriously.
    this is so great.

    "the way cream flirts with coffee"
    xx.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it! And...I...WANT THAT TEACUP!

    ReplyDelete
  15. usually when i read someones writing i pick it to bits. there are bits that i don't like and bits that i do. BUT I TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY FELL HEAD OVER HEELS IN LOVE WITH THIS WHOLE EXQUISITE THING. and you should take that as a compliment because i almost never use the word exquisite. i love the beautiful you that you are.

    oh and how in the whole wide world could i not have noticed before that you're a lefty girl too? that's awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dang, girl!! You have mad skill. This was a really enjoyable read! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is so beautiful || just like poetry.

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...