5.21.2013

gracie's song.

by gracie
in an effort to recognize the true friends i have in my life, i've created a series showcasing what they mean to me.
the venn diagram of things you want to do and
things that scare you
is a circle.
and you know where you want to go,
and you know how to
get there,
but your shyness is a pressed bouquet of
pansies and your fear is the paste
that holds you
against the wall.
and sometimes that's okay,
because you see things
and you understand
but you also see people living
your 
dreams
and living
your
greatest hopes.
and it's not fair because
all the exciting things in life are not included
in your diagram.
but what is life if you don't
plump up the petals and
pull away the paste?
so step off the wall, pretty flower.
i want to see you shine.

for this sweet doll, who's going places (and will hopefully take me along).
-kiss kiss kiss, the aviator-

14 comments :

  1. jocelyn, i'm gonna cry.
    okay, forget that, i am crying.
    gosh, i don't know what to say. you have no idea how much i needed this, your words, today - for this whole season of my life, really. i love you so. flippin. much.
    thank you.
    thankyouthankyouthankyou to infinity and beyond. <3 <3 <3 <3
    i just... i just can't right now. i can't okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is just....x #speechless

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is beautiful. So very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is the sweetest thing... in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *perks of being a wallflower feels*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep singing this beautiful song! It's the sweetest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is seriously inspiring though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Annnnd I'm crying.
    I'll say it every day til I die - you have a thing with words like no other. You're my favorite poet and my favorite writer of emotions.
    And Gracie, lovely dear little Gracie, you're too amazing for me to express in words (but maybe Jocee could find the right ones, cause that seems to be the thing that she does).
    You two are just THE BEST. I seriously don't even know HOW I freaking know you, but you're the best.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why do you write the most perfect things?!!!???!!
    You are so beautiful Jocee, inside and out!

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...