5.05.2013

so i got a new blog design.

cupcakes
by johanna grace (who won my cupcake contest).

there are cupcakes in this design, if you're wondering. they're in my silhouette photo, if you want me to go into detail. so, before sara k byrne came out with her in-camera double exposures, i had my heart set on a single cupcake + dictionary photo for my new design. something simple, but still with visible aspects of what this blog originally was.

but fairly recently, i was talking to grace and it hit me. "like, okay. i want my blog to still be cupcake dictionary-like, you know? because cupcake dictionary is me. it's my thing. but i don't want it to scream   ONLY CUPCAKE DICTIONARY. i want it to be very me-oriented. a tangible vision of what goes on in my head. i think a lot, i'm an over-analyzer, i'm very flighty. so i was thinking we could do a silhouette of my profile and then put in a million pictures of things i constantly think about and love and enjoy. cupcakes and dictionaries included. cupcake dictionary is a symbol of the things i love, things that are consistently running through my thought process."

and then a few minutes ago with mommy: "i love my blog so much because it is my voice. because in real life, my friends love me one moment and cast me out the next. then run in for a hug or comment saying i'm weird. i had a very unhappy childhood a lot of the time because i wasn't included in most of the things my friends were. i tried to speak up but they told me i was interrupting. and nowadays they call me antisocial because i just sit back and listen. but cupcake dictionary is my time to hold the talking feather, to say 'shut up, i get to say what i want now.' and letting that go means being silent again. on my blog, no one ridicules me for always being hungry, for having two donut holes instead of one. for liking doctor who or whatever genre of music. it's the place where i find people just like me and identify with them. and to give that up means giving up myself."

so this is me saying cupcake dictionary is more than cupcakes and dictionaries. this is me deleting the inexplicably lovely biography and sufficing with "all i really want in life is a bucket of icing and tom hiddleston." this is the same place. don't let the florals fool you. i'm not just another lovely-happy. i'm here to relate, to be there. and i'm here for me just as much as i am for you.

so take a look around, enjoy, and don't worry because i hate nutella too. 
-kiss kiss kiss, revolution-

27 comments :

  1. LOVE IT!! The silhouette photo is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sidebar picture. Double exposures will always have my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a cutie. I like the double exposure, and the header and the fact that Will Po is never going to leave your sidebar because sacrilege. also, i kind of like you a lot.

    the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. best design you've ever had. ;) and you don't nutella?? haha, it seems like out of anybody you would love it...but hey, I think it's really overrated and don't take a fancy to it much either. (unless it's with pretzel sticks)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're so you. and it's so refreshing. :) love this blog, the new design, and your words. i can't wait to see more posts, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. mhmmm, this is pretty gorgeous, jocee. love the new design!! but i have just one question... if the silhouette is "a million pictures of things i constantly think about and love and enjoy," then.... where is tom hiddleston in there?

    okay, just kidding. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he's buried in all that icing. ;)

      Delete
  7. your blog design is so YOU... I love it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really good...that silhouette picture of you is amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i really really really really REEEALLy like this new design a lot. kbye.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOOOOVE THE NEW LOOK JOC!!! The title is so lovely.

    Love,
    manda
    http://meandjesus-amanda.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know something, I just really love how you have Peter Pevensie on your sidebar and he has literally always been there. And your new design is really awesome, also.

    ReplyDelete
  12. and btw I CAN'T SEE YOUR FLICKR PHOTO WUUT.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I started singing that song...this girl is on fire something like that when I saw the new blog design/post.

    I know what you mean, when you say that your friends "love me one moment and cast me out the next." It's odd, because nobody I know in real life likes the same things I do, only people in the blogosphere do.

    For example, I was in art class, and the teacher decided to put on music for us to listen to and since I have spasm attacks a lot, almost every time I hear a song that I like/sounds familiar, I jump up from my seat and run to the computer to see the title. Well, the teacher asked me what artist I liked (haha) and I said "Lenka" but nobody in the room liked Lenka. Next I was like, "Fine, Ed Sheeran." Yet still, nobody liked Ed Sheeran. I was like, "Am I the only person in this world who likes Lenka and/or Ed Sheeran!?"

    I'm glad I know people who like Ed Sheeran in this small, small world. *hugs*

    And I quite like nutella. Well, it's kind of too sweet for me...and it's kinda squishy...like...uhm, artificial? Hmm.

    Love you,
    ~Jenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. uhm, acca-scuse me? who DOESN'T like lenka and ed sheeran?! obviously people without taste.

      Delete
  14. Jocee, what I like most about you is, you're you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh my goodness I'm so jealous! the new design is so lovely and perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have such a noble silhouette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's probably one of the coolest things anyone's ever said to me! thank you so much. haha. :)

      Delete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...