6.30.2013

#comeback #iloveyou.


sources: one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight.
letters to tradaisa, opus two. june thirtieth, in the living room while ignoring politics. 
getting closer to you is not exaggeratedly singing to bad music or sharing food. getting closer to you is letting you see me when i'm most vulnerable (weeping on the concrete), it's typing our secrets when we're too afraid to say it out loud. getting closer to you is letting me yell at you (even though it has nothing to do with you) and not leaving. getting closer to you is singing above the unexplained tears, it's being able to make each other laugh afterward. it's voluntary silence that induces our deep thoughts and questions. it's not being afraid to ask you something, and you not being afraid to answer. getting closer to you is everything everyone else says it's not. it's the glances that no one else understands, it's the constant giving of ourselves to make sure the other is okay. it's the ocean's realization that there is a shore it can cry to (so that it will never be alone). 

love, 
jo.

{letters to my best friend while i'm away that signify how much she means to me, with our life stories tangled between the words.}

15 comments :

  1. "it's the ocean's realization that there is a shore they can cry to (so that they will never be alone)."
    ...you got me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what you were talking about, silly girl. This makes me want to cry. It's beautiful and unique and very Jocelyn, which much like the rest of your blog, is what keeps me reading. Your sincerity and transparency are refreshing in a world of paper people living in paper towns. As long as you stick to bring honestly you, I'll be cheering you on. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think maybe you love too quickly and too ferociously. This is both a gift and a burden, as sometimes when friendships like ours was end, you crash and burn, or wander at sea like a ship without a lighthouse.

    -A former friend

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think one of the secrets to a happy life is friends. Close friends. Friends like what you described above. Seriously, those type of friendships are the BEST.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is beautiful, jocee. this is legit friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  6. well, this strums my heartstrings.
    your brilliant, jocee.
    plus, you give me a urge to write in lowercase.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i just love that you've shared these precious letters. friends are so wonderful.
    and honestly i love that you love too quickly and too ferociously (is loving too ferociously possible?), even though it might not always end in stardust.
    you're just a lovely human being, really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i do not think you will ever understand how at peace this made me feel. bless your ever-giving heart.

      Delete
  8. This blog post was just, beautiful. Just found your blog and I love it.
    -Sam
    http://samsgreatperhaps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. your words are always beautiful. they make me want to write, and for that i give you my deepest thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. writing is always a beautiful thing that i like to see pulled out of people's souls. whenever you have something, don't hesitate to show me!

      Delete
  10. hmm yes. yes yes and yes. your writing is beautiful, but mostly it's your soul.

    ReplyDelete
  11. While I may not understand completely {since it's to your best friend} I do really like your writing style.

    Smile,
    ~Jenny

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...