7.16.2013

"all life is an experiment. the more experiments you make the better.”

“don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions. all life is an experiment. the more experiments you make the better.” - ralph waldo emerson, journals of r.w.e

Untitled

Untitled



Untitled
i'll be the first to tell you: sometimes you have to act differently around certain people. some like it loud, some like it low. and after awhile, it's hard to remember who you actually are because you spend all of your time being convenient. and that goes for internet and reality.

the online johanna is not done justice by the tangible version. i mean, caps lock is a great tool to show someone you're fangirling. but this bubbly, vivacious girl (with killer collarbones) can speak emoticon with as much grace as one would speak french. it's hard for her not to smile, partly because her mouth naturally suggests one, partly because she has so much to smile about.

i don't know how to talk about her in a way that is cohesive and understandable. some things aren't translatable into the english language. i think the idea is that when you meet someone like her (truly interested, ready to dive in), the aura of warmth she is wrapped in speaks for itself. and i hope you have the same opportunity as i.

-kiss kiss kiss, srsly no flamingoes-
{pea ess: you need to see my face on her blog.}

25 comments :

  1. Oh my gosh, I ageee with your first paragraph completely. I thought it was just me who thought that. I was wrong.

    Love,
    ~Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. the water looks like kool-aid and these photos are stellar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. can I just say that reading your words felt as if you were speaking the feelings of my heart? what you said about sometimes acting differently around certain people was so true it scared me a little.

    #youtwoareadorable
    #canicomeseeyousometime?

    xxLeslie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #comeoverandweshallwatchallthethingsandeatallthethingsandphotogrpahallthethingsandseeallthethings

      Delete
    2. #imcomingtomorrowandimbringingmypopcorntoeatwhilewewatchallthethingsandsomefoodtohavewithwhateveryouhavesowecaneatallthethingsandmywimpylittlecameratophotographallthethingsandicantwaittoseeallthethings

      #talkaboutlonghashtag...

      Delete
    3. #errybodygohomelesliewins

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. these are gorgeous and she is gorgeous and it all bespeaks of so much happiness that it makes me happy as well. (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. The two of you are simply stunning/gorgeous, and sometimes you just have to be yourself. Who knows... they might come to enjoy the words and not just the music.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so lovely, and your words are (as always) so true. both looking GORGEOUS, as per usual.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are my favorite pictures because of that day, and no flamingos. I'm still smiling over a week later and you're just my favorite person. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. as always, these are gorgeous. the end. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. okay, so i may be a little jelly that you got to meet johanna and johanna got to meet you. but these are really great photos.
    BOTH OF YOU ARE SUCH BEAUTIFUL NATURAL MODELS WHAT IS THIS.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. that first paragraph. ugh yessssss.

    also, ya'll are babes.

    that is all.

    xx | Natalia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay, nope. I'm sorry but I can't with all this cuteness anymore. I MEAN WHOEVER GAVE YOU BOTH PERMISSION TO HAVE SO MUCH ADORABLENESS?!?!!? #NOPE

    ReplyDelete
  12. johanna is absolutely drop dead gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow...you are so talented Jocee! I love these portraits of Johanna, they're truly beautifully amazingly perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm going to be weird here and say.. that water is like amazing.. the color is gorg. Also, Johanna is a beeeeeaut.

    ReplyDelete
  15. stunning photos... your blog is oh so wonderful
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. The water though. Mah. And, um, about that time when I was supposed to meet you, or maybe I just made it up, but, um, yeah, we should meet up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Popping in to see you from Johanna Grace's blog. What beautiful gifts you two have been given! I loved the photos that she took of you and the photos that you took of her are gorgeous, as well. I'm so happy that you both had the chance to meet and make these memories. Thank you for sharing them with us. You have a beautiful site here. I will be back to visit again. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Johanna is so gorgeous. And I want her wardrobe badly.

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...