7.20.2013

and so today i'll get to smell home again.


original photo

i don't know what to say about coming home except that i've never been more excited to do so. words have always failed when it comes to expressing how i really feel, but music has always won. i wanted to mock-up a collection of songs, but this time, not even my feelings are cohesive enough to make something that makes sense. all i have in me is the first song, and the rest is left to be translated by you. (leave me a song [or two] that feels like coming home in your comment. and i'll make a mixtape of it.)

1. this is home - switchfoot.

i promise to not ever leave without taking you with me. and yes, you know who you are. #brbgoingtotacklemyfriends
-kiss kiss kiss, 10 points for gryfinndor-

7 comments :

  1. So glad you're finally headed home, lovely. <3 A song that always make me think of home is Old Pine by Ben Howard, and Long Time Traveler by The Wailin' Jenny's is a good one for finally returning after a journey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... such a wonderful thing....

    "back home again" by John Denver always makes me think about coming home again. it's also very nostalgic and almost brings me to tears.... I'm not fully certain why, though. But I love it.

    xx Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always take coming home for granted, because I never go anywhere really far away. I don't really know any songs, even though I always listen to music on my mp3 player on the way home. I guess the songs that I listen to the most when I'm coming home are...Good Life by OneRepublic, and always always always the a team sung by birdy but the ed sheeran one is beautiful, too. I know those songs really do not make much sense for coming home, but I really enjoy listening to them anyway. Any birdy song is fantastic, especially Skinny Love.

    yours truly,
    ~Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. welcome home by radical face

    ReplyDelete
  5. coming home–there's really nothing like it. To Build a Home by The Cinematic Orchestra

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that song, word. and also "take me home, country roads" by john denver--sang that all while driving home yesterday. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my goodness, jenn-- you listen to john denver, too? *squeals* I thought I was the only one in the blogosphere {whatever-you-want-to-call-it} who did! •-• I love "country roads". <3

      Delete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...