7.09.2013

"i love expression+anything awkward+imperfect, because that's natural and that's real."

laughter is the best medicine.
(title from marc jacobs)

i laugh a lot now, actually. at anything. at everything. even if it's not that funny, i still snort. (and i wouldn't be snorting if it weren't for that one night where jackie and ocean and i were prostrate on the floor with Holy-Spirit-induced gigglies). since that night, it's been hard for me not to laugh. i love sore stomachs, i love heads thrown back to the sky, i love making people laugh. the worst part about the news is they always try to fit in a positive story here and there. but the weight of the negativity that inhabits 98 percent of the program is what stays with us. cute things like animals getting adopted and hot dog eating contests stay with us for a day. but plane crashes and rebellions are what we all dwell on. we need to pray, yes, and it shouldn't be belittled. but laughing, though. laughing because i tripped over air or suddenly spilled my drink. laughing because an inside joke is too much to bear in the movie theatre or maybe even an innuendo. laughing because i can, laughing with people i care about, laughing because it's what i think i was made to do.

eleven more days and then, i can laugh with you 5ever.
-kiss kiss kiss, i khant-
{pea ess: the girl in the photo? that's my friend charity. she understands my thing for britishlies.}

11 comments :

  1. L O V E L Y. I love the edit you used and the words you conjure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a photo. I can hear it just as well as I can see it. She is beautiful.

    Laughing is good. So good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love!
    Laughter is truly the best medicine (but I can't take credit for that quote)
    I adore the photo! It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES. We have the same beliefs on laughter.
    Beautiful, emotion-packed photo.
    LOVE THIS.
    YOU AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "heads thrown back to the sky". I never actually stopped to think that that's what a person does when really laughing. I think that's beautiful because when I think of God I like to look at the sky, and I don't know, the fact that that's what we do when we're happy is super special. We WERE made for joy and not for sadness. Laughter is such a special gift from God and I think a small glimpse of Heaven.

    I think I'll always remember this now.

    Blessings!

    ~Madi



    ReplyDelete
  6. love this post!
    laughing is so important for your own health and happiness. it is good to laugh and it can make other people happy two... and that is one of the most important things

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joy is hat you have got, and i doubt its not contagioud. in eleven days I am going to another summer camp and the theme is Joy. glad you wrote this jo, i've been feeling a bit faded lately. (that is to say, un-colorful ;) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah, well, i hope you get your colour back!
      by the way, i'm going to have to say "no to jo." you can call me jocelyn or jocee or joc(e) or lynn, but only ocean has been authorized to call me jo. that's awkward is slightly mean but... it's a thing. :P so, just for future reference. :)

      Delete
  8. I love this expression. Great capture J, great capture! two fo u: kiss kiss

    ReplyDelete
  9. Laughing is so good! Today, biking home with my friend, I was laughing so hard I could barely pedal, and it was the best feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE LAUGHING.
    i'm very skilled at it.
    (and snorting like a pig, but that's not the point.)

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...